Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Registry of deeds or Tax declaration? Free patent

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

joshua

Arresto Menor

To Whom It May Concern,

Good day po, Inquire lang po sana ako about free patent, ng apply po kami for a free patent sa lot namin, ang question ko po, sa registry of deeds po nka register is 36 sq mtrs lang po, while yung binabayad namin sa tax declaration is 64 sq mtrs from 1991 to present, Di ba pwede mag govern is yung binabayaran namin sa Tax declaration for almost 20 yrs which is yun din ang actual or mas bigger pa.

Thanks po.

attyLLL

it means that you're occupying property that is bigger than what is on your title. the portion outside of the title is not considered as covered under the title.

the title is binding. it has a technical description of the area of the property.

Last edited by attyLLL on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

joshua

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:it means that your occupying property that is bigger than what is on your title. the portion outside of the title is not considered as covered under the title.

the title is binding. it has a technical description of the area of the property.

Actually, we still dont have the title document. Since the government offer a free residential patent for those residents who still dont have a legal documents for their own property and its just a tax being pay as tax declaration. The problem is, what is registered in deeds is very much smaller than what we occupy and we fully pay our taxes from the declared lot area which is the actual for almost 20 years now. Can we use the actual size of the said lot to be declared in the Title rather than the smaller one which is too small and the one registerd in the registry of deeds?..if yes, what will i do?

attyLLL

what government office is handling the titling of the property? CENRO, UPAO?

You should review the application made for titling, it should already contain a tech description and the area.

It might be that you are only allowed to have the smaller lot under the free patent. The size you mention gives me the idea this is under CMP.

joshua

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:what government office is handling the titling of the property? CENRO, UPAO?

You should review the application made for titling, it should already contain a tech description and the area.

It might be that you are only allowed to have the smaller lot under the free patent. The size you mention gives me the idea this is under CMP.

Sir, I am not familiar whose handling it, All I know is a relative of mine is working in DNR and they distributed applications for those who are interested and they will be the one to apply for us, with a certain amount probably for their service fee but the proper processing is free. Cant I use the actual size of our lot since we are paying the tax for almost 20 years now. by the way the lot becomes bigger since we occupy the vacant lot besides us which a previous alley going to a river, by the way there is river at the back of our house before, but now no more since the eruption of Mt Pinatubo.

attyLLL

You should review those applications. My guess is that it is through DENR or CENRO (the local DENR office). perhaps you can amend the application to conform to the actual size of the property.

in short, your tax dec is not conclusive proof of the size of your property. only a title will do that.

joshua

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:You should review those applications. My guess is that it is through DENR or CENRO (the local DENR office). perhaps you can amend the application to conform to the actual size of the property.

in short, your tax dec is not conclusive proof of the size of your property. only a title will do that.

Sir, what if it is just a clerical error?..I mean from 64 sqmtrs now its 36. What steps should I take?

attyLLL

ask them what is their procedure to correct it. the error, should there be one, should be patent based on tech description. good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum