Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Social Acceptability of Project - Required Radial Distance

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cooljack1232002

Arresto Menor

A certain company is trying to put an (unpleasant) establishment in our residential area. Per our city zoning ordinance they are not allowed to put this establishment in a residential zone. However, the city zoning ordinance has a provision to allow non-zone conforming projects on a "consent of merit use" provided it is accepted by the community. The city zoning ordinance did not specify the required distance/area for community acceptance.

All the neighbors has signed a petition AGAINST the planned establishment(about 300m radius from the project). However, the certain company also put a petition paper ENDORSING the project, this was signed by some residents of the Barangay that are of significant distance from the project site (>1km away).

The issue is now with our city council.

My question: Is there a law that specifies the distance/radial area from the project site to which a project must be socially acceptable?

i.e. a majority of neighbors/land owners within 100m/200m/etc. must agree and sign off to the project.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum