Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abandonment of long-term lease contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Abandonment of long-term lease contract Empty Abandonment of long-term lease contract Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:18 pm

odagela

Arresto Menor

Good Day Sir/Mam,

Nakapirma po ako as Lessor with a foreigner for a 25 years lease term on our farm which started Nov2004.
Last due collection was on Oct2012 (notice letter served) at gusto nila hindi na magbayad. Reason: hindi natuloy projects nila sa farm and instead built their new plans in Subic (2buildings). On every collection for the past 8 years verbal assurance was given to us that their initial project will push through.
Wala pong nakalagay sa contract na option na pwede silang magback-out anytime they wish. Wala din po sa contract na pwede ako magdemand ng payment in case of a breach. It only states the extension of their lease upon completion of the 25 years. and that the lessor gives notice 1 year in advance in case of termination...not the lessee.
Ano po ang best remedy ko para hindi naman sudden/biglaan yung abolishment of contract? Can i still demand payment for 2013?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much.

attyLLL

yes you can still demand payment. the right to seek damages for breach does not have to be written in a contract.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum