Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I File a Estafa Case

+13
macmac
CJMARALIT
MjDumlao
Jadis
rannar03
tatan1712
menggs
MYRAINGONZALES
chyrenzclyde
mrs_scofield
krayzie_ivan
shad_marasigan
rheekie@yahoo.com
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Can I File a Estafa Case Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:00 am

rheekie@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney's at Law
Need some advise if I can file a case of Estafa to my Kumare who does not want to pay her Debt to us. We have file a blotter from their Baranggay and given a Letter of Summons to show up personally and talk to us to their Baranggay Office but after 3 consecutive letter given by the Baranggay Officials she still neglecting this Letter.
Actually she borrowed some money to us worth 155 thousand a couple of years ago hence still not returning our money for the past years, we been trying to contact her and personally visit their house but she was always not around in their house. We try to contact her again for many times and trying to search in the internet in any social networking sites that we can find her. She still hiding and and running her Debt to us. As the Baranggay Officials given instruction to us that they will issue a letter so that we can proceed a File a legal Action against her. Please we need some help or reply on what action will our next step.We just want her to give a legal action that's why she will never do it again to anybody. Thank You in Advanced and we hope that this case will cease out.

2Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You can now file a complaint with the public prosecutor after the barangay chairman issued its brgy resolution.

3Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Filing A Estafa Case Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:27 am

rheekie@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Thank You Attorney for your quick reply,In any Municipality in our Province can I file A case against her.

4Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

In the place where the transaction occurred. It should be in the exact location where you lend the money to her. That place should acquire jurisdiction.

5Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:03 am

krayzie_ivan

Arresto Menor

Sir..ask lang po ako ng advise.. Nung kami pa po ng X ko naki usap po sya na kunan ko po sya ng postpaid line under my name sa SMART telecom na sya daw po ang magbabayad monthly ( plan 2000) po.. Ngayon po nag break po kami after a month tumatawag po yung smart sakin na hindi pala nya binabarayan yung monthly nya for 4 months na. Ngayon po sabi ko po sa kanya na bayaran nya yung utang na naconsume nya sa smart for 4 months then return nalang sakin yung unit para ako nalang po ang mag tutuloyng plan, pwera pa po yung mga ibang utang nya sakin noon. Pero hindi na po sya nakikipag usap sakin.pag nag reply naman po palagi lang nya sinasabi na babayaran daw nya ako at yung utang sa smart. Ano po ang pwede kong gawin sir?ayaw ko po masira rin ang name ko sa SMART..Hoping for your advise Thank you po..

6Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:55 pm

mrs_scofield

Prision Correccional

Although this question was posted in 2012, nonetheless I would still render my legal opinion on the matter.

First, based on your narrative, the correct case that could be filed against your kumare is for collection of sum of money and/or damages.

Please take note that Estafa is committed by the following means:

1. By UNFAITHFULNESS or ABUSE OF CONFIDENCE;

2. By DECEIT;

3. By FRAUDULENT MEANS

1. “Estafa through unfaithfulness or abuse of confidence” is done by:

(a)  Altering quality, quantity and substance of subject matter of contract;
(b)  Misappropriating or converting goods/property of another;
(c)  Taking advantage of a signature in blank

2. “Estafa through deceit or fraudulent acts.”

Estafa through deceit or fraudulent acts executed prior to or simultaneously with the commission of the fraud is done by:

(a)  Using fictitious name as means of deceit;
(b)  Altering quality, fineness or weight of anything pertaining to art or business;
(c)  By issuing unfunded checks or postdated checks;
(d)  Availing of services of hotel, inn, restaurants etc. without paying therefor.

3.  “Estafa through fraudulent means” is done by:

(a)  Inducing another, by means of deceit, to sign any document;
(b)  Resorting to some fraudulent practice to ensure success in a gambling game;
(c)  Removing, concealing, or destroying, in whole or in part, any record, office files, document and other papers.

If your kumare committed any of the foregoing means, then you can file an Estafa case. However, if her acts were not among those enumerated above, then you can only file a civil case for collection of sum of money and/or damages against her.

Disclaimer: The legal advice provided herein is only the legal opinion of the author and cannot substitute for the advice of a licensed legal practitioner. The author cannot take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information or disinformation presented on this website.

Nothing in the author's legal opinion should be construed as an attempt to engage in the practice of law.

7Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:51 pm

chyrenzclyde

Arresto Menor

Atty.gud day poh.. ask ko sna f estafa b ang file na case na ihahain ko.. kc ung fren ng kapatid ko my kakilalang may-ari ng lupa 500 sqmeters dahil sa nde ko kyang bilhin ng buo cnabihan ko ung fren ko na bilhin nya ung part ng 500 sqm. I BOught 200 sqm and he bought 150 sqm, and then binigay nmin sa fren ng bro ko ang pera.. pero sng sbi nya nde mbibigay ang tutulo ng lupa kc kulang pa ng buyer for the remaining 150 sqm.. so xa ang nging middleman pra sa transaction.. years had pass pero wala pa ring nkBili ng ntirang lot...tpos ngayon nde na nmin xa mhagilap.. my mahahaabol ooh b kme.. binigay nmin sa knya ang pera na wala kme pinanghahawakan.. ano ang gagawin nmin.. mkukuha pa kya nmin ung inassume na lupa nabayaran nmin?? Plzzz help us..

8Can I File a Estafa Case Empty File a complaint Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:00 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Go to the nearest public prosecutor's office and file a complaint. State your case to him / her.

9Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:53 pm

MYRAINGONZALES

Arresto Menor

Hi po magandang araw po. Magtatanung lang po ako kung mabisa na po bang ibedensya para sa kasong estafa kapag pumirma po siya sa aming kasunduan na inaamin niyang nagamit yung perang ininvest ko sa kaniya sa halagang 50,000 at may tubong 70,000?Ganito po kasi yan inengganyo niya po ako na mag invest sa kanya ng pera dahil meron po siyang negosyong pabango. Tutubo daw po ako once na nag invest ako. Parang ako po naging financer niya sa kaniyang negosyo dahil ang dahilan niya po sa akin wla siyang puhunan.Nag start po ako magbigay ng pera noong May 2015.Buong buwan ng May okei pa po transaksyon namen hanggang sa sumapit na ang June 2015. Nagdahilan na siya na yung pera namen ay doon na nia pinapahulog sa atm account ng pinagkukunan niya ng perfume dahil natatakot na daw po siya magdala ng malalaking pera may umaaligid daw po kasi lage sa bahay niya.Hanggang sa nagduda na po ako at pinipilit ko na kunin yung pera ko tapos ang sabi niya sakin ginastos daw nung taong may hawak ng atm.Pero natuklasan ko po na walang alam yung tinutukoy niyang tao at napatunayan namen na siya lang ang gumastos nung pera namen.Kaso nung nagbigay po ako sa kaniya ng pera wala po kameng anumang kasulatan o resibo na kinuha niya ang pera ko.Hanggang naka isip po ako ng paraan para qng sakaling ilaban ko ang kaso may panghahawakan ako.Pinapirmahan ko sa kaniya na inaamin niya na nagastos niya ang pera sa halagang nabanggit sa taas simula sa buwan ng September.Hulog hulugan daw niya bayaran sa loob ng walong buwan ganyan po ang nakasaad sa kasunduan namen saka po pinapirmahan ko din po yung computation ko sa perang inaasahan ko.Madami po kameng naloko aabot po kame ng sampong katao at ang lalaki din po ng perang nainvest nila.Tanung ko lang po kung kakasuhan po namen siya may posibilidad po ba na makulong siya base sa ibedensiyang meron kame?Nagpa brgy na po kame kaso wala din po siya naibayad samen.Anu po ba ang dapat namin gawin?

10Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:46 am

menggs

Arresto Menor

hi po tanong ko lang po kpag nag file po ba ng case na stafa .. warrant po ba agad or sobpina muna? ska my bail po ba ang stafa at kung meron magkanu po? slmat

11Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 am

tatan1712

tatan1712
Arresto Mayor

consider filing small claims case for collection of sum of money

http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/smallclaims/SMALL%20CLAIMS%20PAMPHLET.pdf

12Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Can i file a estafa case Tue May 30, 2017 12:09 pm

rannar03

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorney!

Magandang umaga po. Nais ko lang po isangguni if paano ko makakapag file ng case sa kaibigan ko.
She loan in a bank with the amount of 110K principal amount ang i'm the grantor. Instead of her name was in the PN, name ko yun nakalagay. we agreed that she will take the responsible for the monthly payment which is it her responsibility.
But she missed out 3 consecutive payments and it cause more trouble to me, the bank file a legal case upon my name. Bago lumala yun gulo isettle it to the bank and paid all fees. Wala kasi ginagawang paraan yun friend ko para bayaran yun. And i contacted her . Now she owe me 130, 000. 00 because if paid the whole loan in the bank. After that meron akong ginawang loan agreemenet and demand agreement for use and she signed it. In demand agreement if she missed out 2 consecutive payment I have the rights to file a case. On January 2017, she paid only 5000.00 and after that she doesnt pay again until this moment. What case should i file and what are the steps for me to to file it?

Thanks,
Rose

13Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Tue May 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

rannar03 wrote:Hi Attorney!

Magandang umaga po. Nais ko lang po isangguni if paano ko makakapag file ng case sa kaibigan ko.
She loan in a bank with the amount of 110K principal amount ang i'm the grantor. Instead of her name was in the PN, name ko yun nakalagay. we agreed that she will take the responsible for the monthly payment which is it her responsibility.
But she missed out 3 consecutive payments and it cause more trouble to me, the bank file a legal case upon my name. Bago lumala yun gulo isettle it to the bank and paid all fees. Wala kasi ginagawang paraan yun friend ko para bayaran yun. And i contacted her . Now she owe me 130, 000. 00 because if paid the whole loan  in the bank. After that meron akong ginawang loan agreemenet and demand agreement for use and she signed it. In demand agreement if she missed out 2 consecutive payment I have the rights to file a case. On January 2017, she paid only 5000.00 and after that she doesnt pay again until this moment. What case should i file and what are the steps for me to to file it?

Thanks,
Rose

Collection of a sum of money. Serves you right, next time never lend your name as a guarantor ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE FRIENDS. That never really ends well.

14Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm

MjDumlao

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorney,

I have this college classmate. Way back, nakapag hawak na po kasi kami ng pera together, ung pera ng organization namin. In short mejo nagka tiwala ako sakanya pagdating sa pera. Kaya nung last March 2017, parehas na kaming working, nag chat sya sakin kung gusto ko daw bang maging financer sa business nya. Nag ssupply daw sya ng feeds sa farm. Nagbigay ako saknya ng 17500 and supposedly ang term namin ay 45 days lang. Nung kinukuha ko na pera ko after 45days, pinaikot nya pala ulit, and that was without my knowledge. So dapat after 90 days ibabalik nya na pera ko. Kaso hanggang ngayon, almost 5months na, di nya pa binabalik pera ko. Marami syang reason. Di ko alam kung reason or palusot na lang. Nag suffer na ako, kase ung expenses ko na dapat iccover ng pera ko na nasa kanya, kinailangan ko pang mangutang sa iba para lang matustusan ko kase di nya na binabalik pera ko. Ano po bang dapat kong gawin? Wala kaming written na kasunduan. Pero lahat ng usapan namin nasa chat history ko pa. Ung pera na binigay ko saknya, dineposit ko sa bank at nasakin pa ung deposit slip. Alam ko hindi naman sobrang laking ng pera ko, but still that is mine, pinag hirapan ko, and definitely NOT hers to keep. Kailangan ko din kase dahil nakalaan na sa isang importanteng bagay un. One time "panggap" pa syang ang deposit sya ng cheke sa account ko. Pero nagtataka ako ilang araw na wala paring na ccredit sakin, kahit sa current balance ko man lang. Nung nag follow up ako saknya ng paulit ulit, nag send sya ng picture ng cheke na bigay nya kuno sa bangko, may note ng red pen, na hindi match ung amount in figure and in word kaya di na deposit, dito na ako nag start magduda saknya e. Saka, ang alam ko di allowed ang mga teller na sulatan ang cheke kahit pa may mali dito. I am thinking of filing a complaint against her. Ano po ba ang gagawin ko? Sana po matulungan nyo ako.

15Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Possible estafa case Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am

CJMARALIT

Arresto Menor

I'd like to get some advice if our situation may qualify for a estafa case. My sister-in-law collected some money from us (brother, aunt, and my mother ) and promised that it will be used for a project or small business. She promised us a monthly interest of 5%. It was ok for a couple of months but beginning last year, june 2016, we have not receive any from her. We decided to just widaw our money amounting to 350k but up until now, we are not getting anything. She said that something happened to the money and the person to whom she entrust the money promised to give it back but can't promise as to when theywill return..We keep on asking my sister-in-law to tell us who the person is but she didn't want to. We are thinking of filing a estafa against her or against the person on where she entrusted the money. Please advise us..

16Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

CJMARALIT wrote:I'd like to get some advice if our situation may qualify for a estafa case. My sister-in-law collected some money from us (brother, aunt, and my mother ) and promised that it will be used for a project or small business. She promised us a monthly interest of 5%. It was ok for a couple of months but beginning last year, june 2016, we have not receive any from her. We decided to just widaw our money amounting to 350k but up until now, we are not getting anything. She said that something happened to the money and the person to whom she entrust the money promised to give it back but can't promise as to when theywill return..We keep on asking my sister-in-law to tell us who the person is but she didn't want to. We are thinking of filing a estafa against her or against the person on where she entrusted the money. Please advise us..

Do you live together?

17Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:54 pm

CJMARALIT

Arresto Menor

No..they have their own house

18Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Is the agreement in writing including the payment of interest?

19Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm

macmac

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am Mark Ravanilla and my friend is Lance Jimenez. We owe money from Nittan Capital Finance Inc. with an amount of 60,000.Wherein Ms. Jeane Macalinao and his husband Mike Macalinao asked to get a percentage of it and promised to pay on said dues, wherein it will not be approved unless we agree on their terms. Mike Macalinao works from the said lending company then he approved it due to the said agreement. 8 months has passed and Mr. and Mrs. Macalinao, have not paid any of the amount the owed from us, and we paid for the June- January where in we decided to let them paid for what they owed, and i have fully informed the said company that one of their employees who approved the loan owed us an amount of 20000 not yet including the interest that must be 2% per month. Despite of the information to them, they still allowed Mr. Macalinao to continue working with them until our check account got closed due to insufficient balance as the couple had not deposited the amount due for the month of January. Now me and my friend was advised that we will face the case of BP 22 Anti Bouncing check law wherein most of our coworkers where already arrested and was even mugged shot by the police even though they have not received any subpoena. They were also asked to bail and pay 25000 to the bank aside from the total amount plus the charges that was missed to be paid. Is this a valid case that should be filed to us? We are willing to pay for it but how can we let those couple be apprehended due to the damages that they have done to our integrity.

20Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:53 pm

CLARISSA026

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.!

Hingi po sana aq advice.
May kaibigan po kasi ako na inalok po ako na bilhin yung Truck nya na may konting sira lang daw.
Binili ko po yung truck nya even hindi ko pa nakikita kasi nga may tiwala ako sa kanya ng hulugan,tapos nung fully paid na po aq ng P150,000.00 nag pirmahan po kami sa Deed of Sale and pina-notaryo.

The following days po, hinahanap ko na yung truck kung na saan na. Kung tapos na bang ipaayos. Tapos ang sabi niya, hindi na daw po maaayos. Malaki daw po ang magagastos.

Kaya po sinabi ko sa kanya na ibalik nya nlang yung binayad kong P150,000.00 kahit hulugan nalang nya ng 30,000 per week. Pumayag naman siya. Pero untli now, 38,000.00 pa lang po yung nabayaran nya sakin. 3 months na po yung lumipas. Puro lang po siya promises na magbabayad sya every Friday pero pagdating ng Friday, hindi naman siya sumasagot sa mga tawag ko.

Gusto ko po sana siyang idemanda. Ano po pwede kong ifile na kaso and apaano po ang process??

Thanks po.

21Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm

*dhel

Arresto Menor

Dear atty Hingi po aq ng advice qng pde qb kasuhan ang aking kaibigan na may utang skin na nagkakahalaga ng 90 thousand pesos last wla kaming kasulatan. Maari q po bang gamitin ebidensya ang mga resibo sa remittance at bank account statement na ngtransfer aq ng pera sa Kanya. Yan lng po Sana masagot nyo sir ang katanungan q. Salamat

22Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Carl0

Carl0
Arresto Menor

attorney pwede pubang humingi ng ask ginawa po akung labor ng stepfather ng ex gf ko ang sabi nya saakin na babayaran kita ing 2000 pag dating ng pera ko pag naibenta na namin yung lupa, ito na po attorney naibenta na po yung lupa hanggang ngaun wala parin pong naibibigay

23Can I File a Estafa Case Empty Re: Can I File a Estafa Case Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 pm

goldher21

Arresto Menor

Good day Attorney!

I would like to seek for legal advise if I can file an estafa case to an online shopping company (Lazada). I ordered an item online last March 2018 then after a few days we noticed that there were dead pixels. We asked for a replacement however they said that they don’t have an option for replacement so they will refund the amount instead. At first they were insisting that the item is in good condition and they will ship it back to me. But I refused to accept it since I wouldn’t be returning the item if it’s in good condition. Last April 12, 2018 they have sent an email stating that they will process the refund, however, until now they still haven’t given the refund. They keep on saying that they will forward and follow up it to their payments/refunds department. Until last month, they advised me that they cannot process the refund through bank deposit and will do it through LBC remittance instead. Now they keep on giving me instructions on what to do to get the LBC codes in which I comply immediately. But until this day, no codes were forwarded to me. It’s already been 3 months since I asked for the refund. Can this already be considered as estafa? Also, how can I file legal actions regarding this. Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance. Have a great day ahead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum