Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Co-terminous Appointment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Co-terminous Appointment Empty Co-terminous Appointment Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm

attyrim

attyrim
lawyer

Good day to all lawyers out there, my question would be may a co-terminous appointment made by the City Mayor be nullify and refuse by the Civil Service Commission? what if the appointed doesn't pocessess the required eligibilty for the position? will it render the appointing power of the Local Chief executive an exercise in futility?

2Co-terminous Appointment Empty Re: Co-terminous Appointment Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 pm

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

Subok lang..

I think pag sinabi mo na co-terminous this mean na ang appointment nya and tenure nya sa office is just co-terminous lang sa term of office ng appointing officer.say foe example..mayor has 3 years in his term and appoints A to a position in the LG..Mr. A's position will automatically expire or terminate upon the end the mayor's term.

And most often if the position is coterminous the position is "primarily confidential" in nature..meaning to say the officer appointed has no fixed term and his tenure is based on the confidence reposed upon him, and not by the qualification imposed by the civil service law, by the appointing officer..so if the appointing officer loses his confidence upon the appointee..the latter may be removed from his position once this confidence
is lost.

3Co-terminous Appointment Empty Re: Co-terminous Appointment Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 pm

attyrim

attyrim
lawyer

Got it my deep appreciation. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum