Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

wife filed support case, pls help

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1wife filed support case, pls help Empty wife filed support case, pls help Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:45 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

me and my wife are both in singapore, our child is in the philippines, i received a summon from court regarding my financial support to the child, which i am giving our child substansial amount to support. my question is how can my wife file a case here in singapore, are we covered by their law regarding child support? and i am supporting my child how can she file something like that?

2wife filed support case, pls help Empty Re: wife filed support case, pls help Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:55 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

She can file the case under the office of the Consul or Foreign Affairs office where the ambassador, consul, vice-consul, or consul-general holds his office. The import of this is to cloth the court with jurisdiction over your person even though you are in Singapore.

3wife filed support case, pls help Empty Re: wife filed support case, pls help Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

thank you! so what is the best thing i can do now? summon from court with regards to child support and support for my wife is just to set the amount i need to send them right?

4wife filed support case, pls help Empty Re: wife filed support case, pls help Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

If your marriage is dissolved, meaning you have the annuled or dissolved it under Article 36, yours is only for Child Support.

Otherwise, both of them need to be supported.

5wife filed support case, pls help Empty Re: wife filed support case, pls help Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Supplemental to this case is Article 68 Family Code

Art. 68. The husband and wife are obliged to live together, observe mutual love, respect and fidelity, and render mutual help and support.

Support is not only financial but also in other aspects as well. And it is mutual.

6wife filed support case, pls help Empty Re: wife filed support case, pls help Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:27 am

attyLLL

you should consult with a lawyer in singapore

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum