Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless Imprudence resulting to Physical Injury

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kaffee

Arresto Menor

Hi there, I would just like to seek for advice regarding this matter:

My brother who is unemployed, is driving our vehicle under the name of my father, was accused of accidentally hitting a pedestrian in a nearby mall. Apparently, the guard gave a go signal for our vehicle to move when suddenly, a guy not looking at the proper direction hit the side of our car. He slipped causing fracture on his right foot. The guards took pictures of our vehicle and my brother and then my brother and his companion brought the guy to the hospital along with the guard. The guy isn't denying that he's not looking but inisists he is right because he was crossing in a pedestrian lane. We paid all the hospital bills, medications, fiber glass cast, his 4 day salary (the days he's in the hospital after being cleared), his fare going home etc. We are also paying for the continuous check-ups, his vitamins and the fares going to the hospital. The thing is, he is already cleared to go to work and healing and still he wouldn't release some medical papers needed for insurance stating that he also needs them. He keeps on shouting on my mother and brother whenever he feels like even though we are always paying for his bills. Now he demands that he's filing for a 1 month leave and we should pay for it or we would pay P250 everyday for his fare not knowing until when or he will file a case. It's kinda frustrating since he was the one who bumped into our vehicle. The accident happened last Oct. 21 by the way. Kindly advise.

Thanks.

kaffee

Arresto Menor

Any advice if we should shoulder all the fares he's asking? Thanks.

attyLLL

that's the consequence of not entering into a written agreement about settlement. it becomes open ended.

unfortunately,mere payment does not erase the criminal aspect of the case.

on the other hand, if he does file a case, your brother should never be jailed because it's bailable and probationable even if he is convicted.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum