Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ex-boyfriend stole my stuff and sold it. what can I do?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vlramos83@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Good day!
I am a newbie, and I need your advice on something I don't know if I could consider a legal stuff.

On may 2012, I paid for my ex-boyfriend's fare (my bf at that time) to come to manila and live with me. All he had was just a small suitcase with his stuff, and nothing else. I spent for his food, his allowance while he was looking for a job. I caught him cheating, and asked him to leave,but he begged. As time passed, he started beating me up, stealing my stuff and money. I left and when back home to the province, and asked that he leave too. At that time, my sister was still in my apartment packing up. Lot of things has happened then, while I was in the province, people keep sending me messages that my ex took my sofa, sold my gasul tank to the junk shop. I called and told him I was okay with him takng the sofa, but that's all. I warned him not to take anything else. He didn't reply. Weeks after, I asked my brother to collect my things from the apartment, I learned my cd collections were gone as well as my electric fan (newly bought) the time he moved in with me. I texted him again and tole him to return it, he replied saying yes he will return it. But after that, he became uncontacted. At that time, I thought it was just that, and I have to let it go. I love collecting books since I started working in manila and live on my own. For almost 6 years,I have bought more than 140 books. These books were thought to have been collected by my brother, but then as my brother opened the boxes, he was surprised to see that what it contained were only my old clothes, so little of them were left. He took everything, and even told my sister jokingly that he will sell it for 50 each. 2 days ago, I was able to contact his cousin, and she said she knew who bought my books, but only 17 pcs of them. The cousin said that if I wanted my books back, I have to buy it off from the person who they sold it to, and they said it was sold for 200 pesos each. I then contacted my ex and his current gf ( the one he was involved with when we were still together) but only the girl replied and she admitted indirectly that they took the books. Is there anything I can do to get all my things back or maybe atleast get justice for what he did? Another problem is I am here in cebu now and won't be able to go back to manila because I will be studying soon. I look forward to read your response about this. Thank you and more power.

attyLLL

the procedure is to file a police report first and then a criminal complaint at the prosecutor's office where the theft happened

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum