Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NSO certificate correction of entry (Marriage Cert)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pretzel

Arresto Menor

hi,

ask ko lang po if may effect ba if mali yung nationality ng father ko sa marriage certificate namin? nakalagay kasi Filipino which he is not.. we got married this January lang.. Papasok parin po ba ito sa NSO certificate correction of entry?

eto po kasi yung nakita ko sa site nila, mukhang mahabang process. if wala naman pong effect sa validity ng marriage namin, baka sayang lang effort ko:

Contact a lawyer who will prepare the Petition for Correction of Entry.
Lawyers shall file the Petition in the Regional Trial Court. The fee for filing the Petition in the Regional Trial Court is Php 160.00.
The Petition will be raffled and assigned to a branch of the Regional Trial Court.
The assigned Regional Trial Court shall issue an Order for the publication of its Order in a newspaper of general circulation for three consecutive weeks. Fee for publication varies.
The Order contains the date of the first hearing.
During the first hearing, the lawyer will present compliance of the jurisdictional requirements like publication of the Order in a newspaper of general circulation.
After establishing compliance with jurisdictional requirements, the petitioner will be presented in Court to testify. The Court may assign the Clerk of Court to receive evidence.
During the hearing, i is possible that an oppositor may appear contesting the Petition. If no oppositor appears, the Clerk of Court will receive the petitioner's evidence.
After presentation of evidence, the Court will rule on the Petition.
If the decision is favorable, the Court will order the Office of Civil Registrar to correct the entry in the civil registry document (birth/marriage/death certificate of the petitioner).

thank you in advance Smile

attyLLL

i don't think it will be any problem

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

shersta

Arresto Menor

Hi, when I renewed my passport a few years back, I requested for a change in surname (to my husband's surname). When they checked my marriage certificate, they noted that my mother's name in it is not her maiden name. My mother in law's name is also not her maiden name. They made me get an affidavit and I noticed that they put "for LOL" on my form. Does this mean that I need to have my marriage certificate corrected before I renew my passport again? Thanks!

chalker300

Arresto Menor

kakasal lang po namin nung wife lo ;ast dec 15 2012, nung kumuha po kami ng certified true copy sa lcr, mali po pala ang inang data na nailagay... yung sa bday ko po ay june 4 1979, june 4 1978 po ang nailagay... need po ba ng lawyer regarding dto... pati po edad ko 34 sa halip na 33... thanks...

attyLLL

since it refers to the year, that may require a court petition. but try to inquire at the local civil registry also.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

dude1027

Arresto Menor

Nagpakasal po kami ng husband ko dito sa middle east (philippine embassy). Yung date ng birthday ng husband ko sa birth certificate nya mali yung day (june 7 instead na june 6) but same year naman. Hindi po namin napansin that time na mali yung day kasi dati na namang nakakuha na ng authenticated birthcert ang asawa ko at yun po ang nailagay sa marriage cert namin. Nakakuha na po ulit kami ng new at correct birthcert. Paano at saan po namin pwedeng ipatama yun? Salamat po.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum