Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baseless threats.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Baseless threats.  Empty Baseless threats. Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

thomas.r

Arresto Menor

A friend of mine went out for dinner in Eastwood on Friday and racked up a P1500 bill for which he was going to pay by credit card.

When the restaurant tried to process payment on their machine it showed a ”Comm Error” which basically there is an error with their machine making a link with the card holders bank, or in this case, Mastercard.

He ended up calling me up and asked me to bring him cash as the business was threatening to take him to the Police station unless he paid...

I should add that CC was his only form of payment available as that was the only card in his wallet at the time. Also I should mention that I ended up having to drive from Makati to pay for a bill that was 1500pm at 7pm on a Friday night. As you could imagine it took a while. rant rant rant

My thinking is that this situation is in no way his fault. The business advertises they accept credit card payment and when their system let them down they put the onus on the consumer. Shouldn't they have a card impression machine as a back up? isn't it on them to call their bank to find out what is wrong and not make threats?

I'm about 100% sure that there is absolutely no charge my friend could have been stung with in any case.

I am going there to meet the manager on Wednesday night and I would like to be armed with what is the proper policy they should follow.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Cheers

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum