Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Co-owned Share of stock

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Co-owned Share of stock Empty Co-owned Share of stock Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

leothomasm

Arresto Menor

Hi there!

I'm not sure if this situation falls under this thread but here goes...

My father passed away a few years back. I recently found out that he has a share of stock in a certain golf club in Rizal. I looked for the stock certificate and found it to be under his name AND my mother's name, accompanied by a copy of the previous absolute deed of sale to them from the developer and doc stamp tax declaration.

My mother is still living. Would a death certificate of the co-owner (which happen to be her husband) be enough to make her the sole owner? If she decides to sell it, could she transact the selling of the share as she is the co-owner of the said share? Or is it more complicated than it may seem?

Many thanks in advance.

2Co-owned Share of stock Empty Re: Co-owned Share of stock Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 pm

NorwelLabog

Arresto Menor

This falls on inheritance.

There should be estate tax on your father's properties. The payment of estate tax is one of the requirement in the transfer of ownership of the stocks.

visit ebaseconsulting.bravesites.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum