Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Libel or defamation? Do I have a case?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Libel or defamation? Do I have a case? Empty Libel or defamation? Do I have a case? Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 pm

pcalmaden

Arresto Menor

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and would just like to seek advice before I take any legal step. Here is my situation:

I am a professional freelance composer and arranger for theater. I belong to a group that is University based.

Yesterday we discovered that the University's official Wikipedia page contains a writeup about our group. The gist of the write-up claims that we produce theatrical pieces that are all-copied from musical scores, script, set design and costumes. It claims that we have copied the theater pieces from popular TV shows and movies.

I personally found it derogatory to our careers as professional artists, and a direct assault to my dignity as a composer, to the writer who wrote all-Filipino musicals for the past 15 years, to the set designer who is an acclaimed designer in the states, and the costume designer who happened to be a celebrated painter from UST.

I would love to hear your opinion if I do have a chance to redeem our reputation, at least from the people who have read the article that have been existing online for who knows how long.

Thanks and more power to you all!

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

pcalmaden wrote:Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and would just like to seek advice before I take any legal step. Here is my situation:

I am a professional freelance composer and arranger for theater. I belong to a group that is University based.

Yesterday we discovered that the University's official Wikipedia page contains a writeup about our group. The gist of the write-up claims that we produce theatrical pieces that are all-copied from musical scores, script, set design and costumes. It claims that we have copied the theater pieces from popular TV shows and movies.

I personally found it derogatory to our careers as professional artists, and a direct assault to my dignity as a composer, to the writer who wrote all-Filipino musicals for the past 15 years, to the set designer who is an acclaimed designer in the states, and the costume designer who happened to be a celebrated painter from UST.

I would love to hear your opinion if I do have a chance to redeem our reputation, at least from the people who have read the article that have been existing online for who knows how long.

Thanks and more power to you all!

You can first talk to the administration of the school about the matter. Ask them retract defamatory article from their site and make an public apology. So, let say it will takes two weeks, by that time R.A.10175 is already in effect, if no apology and they didn’t removed the article sue them using this new law. Let them have the first slice of the cake.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum