Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

breach of contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1breach of contract Empty breach of contract Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:10 pm

aljisidro

Arresto Menor

Hi..
I am just a new grad and i applied in an international school, but its not that of a big institution. i got hired this april 2012, and started working. during my stay there, i experienced verbal abuses from the directress/owner. she said things that made me feel worthless in the field and even made me think my partners were hating me. i always had break downs and i nearly got myself visiting a psychiatrist. also, i got very sickly when i started the job there. the last time i got sick, my superiors talked to me, telling me to resign BUT have to pay the bond. or have me checked by a doctor they refer BUT it is i who would shoulder all the expenses. and they would let me go if my condition is life-threatening (they refer to asthma, w/c i had an attack that day).

i cannot file a resignation letter because they would entitle me to pay for the bond (basic pay times one school year w/c may cost 150,000+). my parents and workmates were bothered and didnt want me to "suffer" (physically, mentally, emotionally )any longer, they decided not to let me report to work anymore (awol) (my workmates adviced me not to come to work anymore, they told me not to render a resignation paper because they will be asking for the bond).

my fear is that the school sent me 2 letters and they told me that they will file breach of contract against me if i would not pay them the amount of the bond and damages.

i showed my contract to an attorney. he said there is nothing in the contract that says i have to pay the bond. i said it is in the staff hand book and was only given to us on the first day of work (already signed a contract). the hr told me about the bond, though, but i wasn't aware about it that much.

is there any way that i can defend myself from that institution in case they file charges against me? do i have a chance here? i am very afraid i cannot apply for another school, or worse, go abroad.

please help me. i am very worried. this was my first job and now i am having these experiences...

thank you.

2breach of contract Empty Re: breach of contract Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 pm

attyLLL

search 'employment bond' in the forum, discussed extensively

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3breach of contract Empty Re: breach of contract Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 am

aljisidro

Arresto Menor

Sir, would this reflect on NBI if i get a new one for application in another institution? i am not sure if they have filed charges against me, and i dont know how i will know if they filed against me or not (will i receive a letter from anybody?). will this be a problem for working abroad?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum