Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE Empty CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 pm

YoungMum

Arresto Menor

How long would it take?
What processes will undergo?
How much would it cost?
What circumstances/conditions must be taken into consideration?

My reason is abandonment and non-support. However, I have read that this is not a ground. My other reason is for non-complication of our application to reside abroad. I fear that her last name might get in the way.

If my parents or my new partner were to adopt her instead, I ask the same questions above.

I badly need to know. Kindly answer all questions please. Thanks!

2CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE Empty Re: CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 am

attyLLL

assuming the chld is illegitimate, the better remedy will be for you to adopt the child yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

attyLLL wrote:assuming the chld is illegitimate, the better remedy will be for you to adopt the child yourself.

atty. If married, the consent of the father is needed, right? if the mother proceed with the adoption without the approval of the father what case be filed?

YoungMum

Arresto Menor

I am not married. Although he acknowledged that he is the father, he gave no financial support to my daughter. I found a job right after graduation but my salary was not enough for the daily expenses for the baby and so my parents decided to assist me on it.

We did live together in my parents' house for more than two years. But it was intermittent because he is still studying in another place and IS still very much dependent on his mother, money-wise. When he was at our house, we often quarreled. When my baby was three years old, I broke it off and I never heard from him again.

I have consulted another lawyer and I have learned that I do have full rights to my child; that I can file petition for the change of her last name without going through adoption

5CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE Empty Re: CHANGING MY CHILD'S LAST NAME TO MINE Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 pm

attyLLL

i don't share that opinion because there are specific reasons to allow change of name, but it is valid legal advise. good luck.

Post no 16,000

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum