Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solemnizing Officers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solemnizing Officers Empty Solemnizing Officers Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 am

AlanBading

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Any opinions would be very much appreciated to the following questions surrounding a marriage back in 1998.

1. Can the NSO verify if a solemnizing officer was entitled to solemnize a marriage as far back as 1998?

2. If the solemnizing officer was not registered what would be the effect on the marriage?

3. If it was found that the solemnizing officer was not entitled to solemnize weddings, and it was also apparent that one of the parties was already married (with evidence from NSO) - what would the effect be on the marriage?

4. Which department of the NSO would be able to verify in writing details regaring solemnizing officers back to 1998?

2Solemnizing Officers Empty Re: Solemnizing Officers Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 am

AlanBading

Arresto Menor

1. Yes.
2. If either of the parties were acting in good faith then marriage would still be valid
3. If either of the parties were acting in good faith then the marraige would be void for being bigamous.
4. The main NSO office will be able to handle your request, there is also the sois website sois.census.gov.ph

This is only my non-professional understanding based on research through the NSO helpline, and by reading the Family code - so my answers might be totally wrong!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum