Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Performance issue memo

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Performance issue memo Empty Performance issue memo Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:33 am

Chokarat

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have a friend whose having dilemma with his current employer. Here is the background: This company doesn't have written business and conduct guidelines, written performance appraisal and some of the details in the contract are not being followed.
Here is the issue: His immediate superior issued a memo stating regarding poor work performance, here is the content of memo:
"Your Work performance in any of the areas that were cited as needing improving. tyour work performance continue at unsatisfactory level and greatly affect the operations of our company and or ability to meet our goals and deadlines.
greeneviar: this leetr in to notify that, unless your work performance improves to an acceptable level immediatly, further diecipplinary ation will follow.
greeneviar: If you achieve an acceptable level of work performance, your are expected to maintain that level of perfromance on a contanuous basis.
greeneviar: Your performance will be reviewed on a weekly basis, and problem will be brought to your attention. Any question regrding this memorandum should be addressed to me"

Ang issue wala naman inaaddress sa kanya performance issue before nor documentation that he failed to comply on what is required on his role. Nasa company na sya for almost 3 years and a regular employee. Wala man silang pinirmahan na performance appraisal to prove his "need for improvement" status.. nakaka degrade ng morale yung ginawa ng management sa kanya with this kind of Memo..

2nd issue, he was verbally threatened na iteterminate by his Boss, without giving justification why he will be terminated in case..
what is the best legal action we can do and what do we need to prepare. Any legal advice will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Chokarat on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional issue)

2Performance issue memo Empty Re: Performance issue memo Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 pm

atty_kristeto_makatao

Arresto Mayor

no legal action is needed. the letter is actually a form of due process to give him time to improve in his work performance.

i assume this is the first offense? if yes, and if he did not improve satisfactory, he will be given another one. then another one after that. that is called due process. if after the 3rd one, he still havn't improved, that's a ground for termination with just cause by the employer.

advice? well if he needs it, nothing but to improve his work performance. sometimes we overlook small details like tardiness by the minute (5mins late), or critical work request (e.g. during typhoon or emergency) but he decline, or maybe his productivity is already substandard as three years ago.

if there's one thing i know, work output is increasing every year, where else will employers get the annual increase (no matter how small)?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum