Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can i register my son who the father is not my husband before? please help me I need advise asap

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brymematt_2012

Arresto Menor

I got married 2007 to a british national we didnt have child and after a year we break up, he then filed divorce petetion in UK and was granted year 2010. I have the divorce absolute in my hands now but I havent filed annulment yet against him. 2011 I met another english man and we have now a 1 year old baby boy, I wanted to get him birth certificate because we are planning to for a holiday overseas, my problem is I worry that if I register him now my ex might file adultry against me, what shall I do, please anyone who can advise me. I will be so grateful. Thanks in advance.

attyLLL

you don't need to file an annulment. the proper recourse is to file a petition to have the divorce recognized as a foreign judgment.

but i agree that you do have a dilemma with your child's birth certificate. under ph law you are still considered married, and the first husband would be considered the father. if there is a real threat from him, don't do anything he can use against you.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

brymematt_2012

Arresto Menor

atty. Do you know any lawyer that can help me file a petition for my divorce to be recognise here? would it be quicker and cheaper than anullment? Maybe how much will be the cost? thank you so much for your advise, I really appreciate it.

God Bless:)

attyLLL

it's not just about cost. what is more important is that there is basis, and a valid divorce by a foreigner spouse is such basis. cost depends on which lawyer you retain. the one we handled had a budget of 100k

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5can i register my son who the father is not my husband before? please help me I need advise asap Empty Thank you Atty. Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 am

brymematt_2012

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot po Atty. really appreciate the information and advise you shared with me.

God Bless!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum