Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

breach of contract?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1breach of contract? Empty breach of contract? Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:46 pm

bonakid

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Good day! I would like to seek advice regarding my case from my previous company.

I was working with Company-A for about 7 years as a supervisor on 1 of their BPO accounts. Company-A sold the account to Company-B (that includes the employees, me included).

They will give my separation pay from Company-A if I signed the contract that I will stay in Company-B for at least 6 months or else I will pay 50,000php. -I got my separation pay from signing the said contract.

I resigned and did not complete the 6-month contract. I only passed my resignation letter to my manager (2-week notice). Now, I am receiving mails from Company-B and asking me to pay the 50Kphp due to breach of contract. The sheriff actually came to our house last week and gave a summon letter.

What would I do? What can I do? May laban po ba ko?

Thanks in advance.

2breach of contract? Empty Re: breach of contract? Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

You only have to contest if 50k justifiable or not. ask if they can lower the amount. You signed the contract and must bind by it.

3breach of contract? Empty Re: breach of contract? Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am

atty_kristeto_makatao

Arresto Mayor

your resignation is 2weeks notice, so on the q kung may laban ka, short answer is none (law requires 1month).

now you mentioned sheriff, san galing yung summon letter, sa munisipyo? you can redirect this case sa nlrc for arbitration.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum