Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

New MERALCO electrical post - why is our neighbor's consent required?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

25Cristina25

Arresto Menor

Hello!

We constructed a house in Muntinlupa. We have the necessary building permit. Unfortunately, the property is in a "looban" and therefore, a new MERALCO post would need to be installed by the entrance of the "looban". We have no issues with paying for the cost. However, MERALCO is advising us that we need to get the consent of our neighbor whose property is adjacent to the lot (this lot covers the entrance to the "looban" , and is part of our land title) where the MERALCO post will be installed. The construction of the post will in no way be on the neighbor's property, interfere in their use of their property, nor will it block any driveway. What legal authority/law requires us to obtain consent from a neighbor, a private citizen, to install a MERALCO post when he has no authority over the property where the post will be installed nor will the installation have any impact on his use/enjoyment of his property?

Thank you so much for your time!

Cristina

confused01

Arresto Menor

From a citizen's point of view, I agree with Meralco's assessment that you have to get consent from your neighbors. You are forgetting one thing that will affect them----- THE LIGHT. What if the light is directly on their bedrooms, and they're bothered by it at night? What if they are astronomers who need relatively dark skies? You get my drift. The good thing to do is ask them if they are ok with it.

25Cristina25

Arresto Menor

I should have clarified -- there will be no light/bulb attached to the post. It is solely for the purpose of having wires/lines attached to it to deliver electricity to the property.

confused01

Arresto Menor

In that case, I have no idea Smile

It will be prudent though to ask the neighbor--- I dont think they will mind as long as they are not total a*sholes Smile

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

25Cristina25 wrote:Hello!

We constructed a house in Muntinlupa. We have the necessary building permit. Unfortunately, the property is in a "looban" and therefore, a new MERALCO post would need to be installed by the entrance of the "looban". We have no issues with paying for the cost. However, MERALCO is advising us that we need to get the consent of our neighbor whose property is adjacent to the lot (this lot covers the entrance to the "looban" , and is part of our land title) where the MERALCO post will be installed. The construction of the post will in no way be on the neighbor's property, interfere in their use of their property, nor will it block any driveway. What legal authority/law requires us to obtain consent from a neighbor, a private citizen, to install a MERALCO post when he has no authority over the property where the post will be installed nor will the installation have any impact on his use/enjoyment of his property?

Thank you so much for your time!

Cristina

First, try to discuss it with your neighbor rather than going to legal course. Malay mo makuha sa magandang pakikipag-usap ang issue. iwas gastos, iwas abala.

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

I think its just ok to ask consent from your neighbor because that infrastructure is adjacent to their property. Besides, its just your own views that they are not affected, you can not tell unless you know your neighbor's view.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum