Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Late Registration with Local Registrar, How Does it Affects NSO Recrods?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rtpenero

Arresto Menor

Good day po.

I recently went to NSO to get my Birth Certificate for my passport. It was my first time to get an NSO Birth Certificate after 42 yrs of existence in this planet. Very Happy

I was shocked to found out that my first name in the NSO Birth Certificate is not the same as what I am currently using. I checked with NSO and they told me that it was (the wrong one) the name originally registered and that I should go to the Local Registrar and request for the change of name.

I checked my records and found out that the there was a late regisration under the name I am currently using with the Local Registrar. There is also a certifcation from the Local Registar that they have checked their records that they cannot find any live birth from both my parents on the date I was born thus leading to the Late Registration procedue. The late registration was done last 1991.

Now my questions are: Is the update from the Local Registar (such as Late Registration) not forwarded to NSO to synchronized both records? Does this fall into the category of "Request for Correction of First Name" when in fact, the local registrar has already registered my name as correct?

Please clarify me on this. Local Registar told me that they cannot attend to my problem until next year as they have problem as to their approval process which I believe is not fair enough.

Thank you very much and best regards.

attyLLL

imo, the nso is correct. if there is a record of a previous birth certificate, then that is controlling. it cannot be canceled by a later, late-registered one.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

rtpenero

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much for the clarification.

To inquire further, can I request for a correction (change of first name only as all other data are correct) of the records that was with the NSO via the Civil Registrar? I haven't used the name that was with the NSO and all my Educational/Employment records were aligned to that of the Civil Registrar late registration's name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum