Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qualified theft by my co-employee

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Qualified theft by my co-employee Empty Qualified theft by my co-employee Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 am

Kristy Hernandez

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir/Madam,

Last May 28, 2012, nagkaron po kame ng fraud case sa branch. Apparently po, one of my staff sa branch is nagnanakaw ng pera thru our ATM. Immediate supervisor po sya ng mga tellers. As a policy po sa bank, ang pagbabalanse and pagloload ng pera sa ATM is done by two persons, the senior teller (immediate supervisor of the tellers) and a teller. As a control officer po may responsibility po is to ensure that the policy is implemented. Unfortunately po, i havent implied the joint custody and dual control in handling the cash balancing and loading of the ATM most of the time.

Im a newly promoted officer of the bank last April 2012 (kaka issue pa lang po ng memo ko from HR that time). I was appointed last March 2012 to that branch as my first assignment.

Umamin naman na po ung staff na kumukuha sya ng pera sa ATM namen kapag mag isa lang po sya na nagbabalanse and nagloload. She claims that she started doing that nung January of this year pa po, even before na ma-appoint ako dun sa branch na un.

When the outgoing officer (who will I replaced) and I had our turnover, we failed to count and balance the ATM. Nawala na din po sa loob ko na balansehin ung ATM. I was pre-occupied by many things to do in the branch.

As the control and operations officer of the bank I failed to exercise my duties and responsibilities fully. I allowed the senior teller to have sole access to the ATM and did the cash balancing alone.

A day after today, I will be having my hearing at our head office. I need to have my written explanation to show no cause why no disciplinary action should be taken against me which could be a suspension of 31 days or termination.

Please help me on what the right and truthful things to say so as to defend myself.

Hoping for your immediate help.

Thank you.

2Qualified theft by my co-employee Empty Re: Qualified theft by my co-employee Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:06 pm

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional

was the admission of your staff in writing? it could save you somehow..consult a lawyer to prepare your explanation, it may cost you your job if you would do it yourself..

3Qualified theft by my co-employee Empty Re: Qualified theft by my co-employee Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:42 pm

attyLLL

negligence should be both gross and habitual, but in some cases, one instance of gross negligence can be considered sufficient for termination if it caused great damage to the company.

getting advise from a lawyer to prepare your answer is a good idea.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Qualified theft by my co-employee Empty Re: Qualified theft by my co-employee Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Kristy Hernandez

Arresto Menor

She already has a statement admitting that ginawa nga nya po ung pagnanakaw and ginagawa na nya un even before pa ko dumating sa branch. I have no resources po of getting or seeking a lawyer's advice and tomorrow na din po ung hearing ko. Thank you very much po sa mga reply nyo. I hope you could help me pa po. God bless po.

5Qualified theft by my co-employee Empty Re: Qualified theft by my co-employee Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:53 pm

attyLLL

the best advice i can give is - don't lie. if your negligence has already been established then perhaps you can rely on truth and sincerity.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6Qualified theft by my co-employee Empty Re: Qualified theft by my co-employee Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Kristy Hernandez

Arresto Menor

I did tell the truth and what really happens nung time ko. Thank you po sa mga advices that you gave me. God bless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum