Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debt obligations of Guarantor

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Debt obligations of Guarantor Empty Debt obligations of Guarantor Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 pm

exwhyzed

Arresto Menor

My friend in the Philippines has been working as a Sales Agent in some type of jewelry business for another woman. My friend sold some jewelry to one of her regular customers but a large amount of money was owing by the customer and she has fled and her whereabouts are unknown. My friend was guarantor of that sale and now her boss is demanding via phone calls and text messages that she pay her 150K peso for the debt of the unpaid jewelry. My friend has been threatened that she will be taken to court if she does not pay but she does not have the money or any possibilty of ever getting such a large amount.
What action can her boss take?
Is my friend liable?
What advice can you give my friend?
My friend was due to travel outside of Philippines to visit me for a vacation in August will she still be able to do that?

2Debt obligations of Guarantor Empty Re: Debt obligations of Guarantor Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:05 am

attyLLL

the boss might file an estafa and/or a collection case
since she guaranteed the transaction then he is obligated to pay
she should try to defend herself in an estafa case by accounting for all the funds and the jewelry that she received
if there is no court order to prevent her from leaving she can travel

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum