Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Broken Ducati

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Broken Ducati Empty Broken Ducati Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 am

Thumper

Arresto Menor

Hello folks... I have been having this dillema for almost a month now. I really hope someone can give me advice and if the worst comes, I will need a lawyer.

I have a friend who I've known for 5 years threatening me physically and legally because he is accusing me of sabotaging his Ducati motorcycle. He owns several farms and is financially wealthy and claims he is able to hire "goons" whenever he needs to.

For the past 3 years he keeps parking his ducati on my drive way. He is my neighbor and lives just one block from my house. He has ample parking in his garage to fit his pick up and motorcycle. I have taken his bike to his garage several times, sometimes his wife sees the bike and asks me to take it back to their garage. His son takes the bike and brings it back to their farm. For some reason, he manages to park it back in my driveway. I don't mind him doing that as he is a friend after all.

But 2 months ago, he came by my house to take the bike out for a ride to the farm. No more than a mile, his bike breaks down. He had to put it on his pick up and take it back to my driveway once again, NOT his driveway or garage (he lives one block from me). Unfortunately, during that time, one of the dogs chewed on the 2 sets of wires. I informed him about the damages and told him he could get them repaired and I'll reimburse him for the cost. He told me that he doesn't mind, he could just get it repaired at no cost.

Then a week later, he called me with a stern voice demanding that I get his bike repaired or he'll come back for me. He has been giving me stories that he has 2 hitmen even before this Ducati fiasco started. I repaired the 2 wires and will replace them as soon as he answers my text on what year his bike is. Neither his wife or he answer any of my texts. I have been to his house several times everyday to take the bike back to his garage. Until now I have the bike in my posession. No one wants to take it back.

Any advice would highly be appreciated..

2Broken Ducati Empty Re: Broken Ducati Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:00 am

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi thumper.

initially, you can report this matter to your barangay. this report, commonly called blotter, will be helpful for you should this incident developed and reached the courts as his threats may also amount to a criminal act of grave threats.

For more free legal information about the matter, you may visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

3Broken Ducati Empty Re: Broken Ducati Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am

Thumper

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much AttyJoyce, we went to Bantayan which is a sub office of PNP, we did a blotter on this but I'm afraid this might not work because the Officer taking the report was just writing it on a notebook. He did however had me sign it. Would it be okay if we did another one at Barangay? As of now, I'd really like to give the bike back to them, what would be the best way to approach this? thanks again i really appreciated it....

4Broken Ducati Empty Re: Broken Ducati Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 am

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

thumper, yes its ok. actually, you may want to make a complaint against them in your barangay for the threats you are getting from them. the barangay would then invite the both of you. when they appear, then you can give the bike back to them.

5Broken Ducati Empty Re: Broken Ducati Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 am

Thumper

Arresto Menor

Sounds like a perfect idea AttyJoyce.. I'll do just that.. THanks again..

6Broken Ducati Empty Re: Broken Ducati Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:41 am

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

not at all thumper.

if this matter developed, feel free to contact me again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum