Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other Savings account put on hold for an unsettled account

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron360

Arresto Menor

Hi All,

I was a teller from a respected bank for about three years now. I resigned last March and after 4 months, the bank was able to calculate my last pay (it turned out that I should be paying them because of my pending company loan).

They sent me an email last June 13 along with the calculations for the last pay. But I replied with a question regarding the calculations specifically the leave without pay, because I have found it somehow incorrect. (This is because I left the bank a week after I filed a resignation, and because of that, the calculation for the leave without pay was double my basic salary, which is weird). And until today I get no reply from them (three persons were copied on that email).

The worst part is this, they placed my other savings account (with the same bank) on hold (which is not connected to my payroll account in this bank) and they didn't even send me any advice that they were going to do that.

Was their action reasonable?

Thanks in advance.

attyLLL

i'm afraid i have to side with the bank with this one. a savings deposit is considered a loan by you to the bank, and they can offset that with your loans to them.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

aaron360

Arresto Menor

Hi attyLLL, thank you for your reply.

But I just got two replies from them and this made their statement conflicting:

The Branch manager said that it was them who had placed my savings account, other than my payroll account, on hold. And that I have to settle the remaining balance. (This would mean a formal notification a day AFTER I discovered the incident)

The HR representative then said that the bank can only put payroll accounts on hold. If that is a savings account, then I have to coordinate with my branch of account, which is handled by the Branch manager who earlier replied to me.

Would that mean it is irrelevant to put my savings account on hold if the reason was only to settle my accounts payable to the bank because they are only pertaining to payroll accounts?

There is a policy on this bank that they have to notify the depositor (having any type of account) before or upon putting their account on hold, which they did not comply. I felt insulted because of this, as if I can't pay them the said account.

Your thoughts on this attyLLL?

Thank you!

attyLLL

how they implemented their acts is a different issue on whether they have the right to do so. imo, they are within their rights based on the facts you mentioned.

and i've never heard of a bank giving a depositor pre-warning; that would give them the opportunity to withdraw their savings.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

aaron360

Arresto Menor

I see, well, thank you for the legal advice attyLLL, Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum