Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change daughter's last name to biological father's name

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Peachy18

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon, in 2002, i gave birth to our 1st daughter but without his biologocal father beside me because my parents didnt want him in my life, they decided not to put any information on the father's details section of her birth certificate, her birthplace was in Antipolo City. Things have changed though. Now, my daughter's biological father and i got married on May 2009 and we would like her to use his real father's surname. We are now living together in Pasay City with her sisters. Our daughter has used my middle name and maiden name eversince which appears to look like we were just sisters although I was the one listed as her mother. What is the right process for us to follow since we're planning to migrate? We dont want to leave our 1st born, we want her to use the same surname that we are all using in the family cause she's the only one who has a different last name. She is very willing to change it and is even putting it in all her things and is wondering why she has a different last name form her sisters. We don't want her to feel different from them. Please help us. Thank you very much and God bless you more and more Smile

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

If there is no impediment for you to marry at the time your child was born, you can undergo the process of legitimation.

Peachy18

Arresto Menor

thank you po, by that time 18 y/o po kami, so considered as minors. Then, we decided to get married at 25.

attyLLL

inquire at the local civil registrar where your child was registered regarding the process of legitimation. what you will normally need will be your marriage certificate and an affidavit

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

salie

Arresto Menor

good day, what is the best thing to do about the bc of my friend, because in the bc her nationality is chinese because her father is chinese and her parents were married. She wants to get a philippine passport but she is not sure if she can get a passport because of her nationality being a chinese. please advice what to do. thank you.

attyLLL

if her mother is filipino, then she is a filipino also, thus entitled to a philippine passport

salie

Arresto Menor

what documents should she present when getting a passport? both of her parents are dead and she is already 55 years old, pwede po kaya ung marriage contract nalang ang document na ibigay nya sa pagkuha ng passport? o kailangan pa po ng bc? thank you.

attyLLL

her birth certificate should indicate the mother's nationality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum