Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT Payment converted to food allowance

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OT Payment converted to food allowance Empty OT Payment converted to food allowance Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 pm

blueberry_08

Arresto Menor

I'm currently working as a financial analyst at a private company. I'm still a proby. I want to consult regarding the status of my overtime pay. Before, they were paying me for the hours I spent for OT (1.2x of my regular pay) but on my 4th pay, they converted all my OT's to their so called "meal allowance" which can only be credited after working for four hours on a day and with a very minimal rate. I asked the HR about this and she said that from financial analyst, my position changed to senior financial analyst, which is supervisory in nature. And they even plan to convert and deduct my previous OT's as well. I told her that I was not informed about this and that the nature still of my current work is rank and file. I prepare reports for my supervisor and CFO and I have no subordinates. My work requires OT for each month's closing (up to 40 hours of overtime). She asked me to communicate with my supervisor/CFO because it was their directive but since I don't want to have issues with them, I asked her if she can communicate with my supervisor instead. I also do not want to have bypass issues with my supervisor if I tell the CFO directly.

I still have a copy of my employment contract (with my position as a financial analyst).

What I want to ask is if it's okay for my employer to do that? If not, and if they compel on not paying my OT, can I file a case against them?

Thanks a lot.

attyLLL

ok, while it is not a legally binding way to do it, is your pay for the level of a supervisor in the company?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3OT Payment converted to food allowance Empty Re: OT Payment converted to food allowance Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 am

blueberry_08

Arresto Menor

No, though I have higher pay than my officemates of my same level. Their OT's are credited normally. My salary is my asking price for the position I applied to (financial analyst).

My supervisor has the highest pay, 10K higher than me.

attyLLL

i suggest you write letters moving up the management chain but be courteous about it.

5OT Payment converted to food allowance Empty Re: OT Payment converted to food allowance Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 pm

blueberry_08

Arresto Menor

I've talked with my head about it and he is willing to raise my salary to compensate for the overtime. But by nature of my work, I'm overtime-based, I have no subordinates and I'm still asked to prepare reports for my supervisor so I'm still thinking about it.

I've also heard from my supervisor that there are plans of moving our head office to another location within this year which is kind of far from where I live. I was not informed about this during my interview coz if I were, I could have considered not accepting their offer.

Anyway, since I'm still in my probationary period, can I render an immediate resignation considering the above grounds?

Thanks.

6OT Payment converted to food allowance Empty Re: OT Payment converted to food allowance Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 pm

attyLLL

no, but you can negotiate for a shorter than 30 days notice period

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum