Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE

2 posters

Will you buy a property with Rights only and No Deed Of Sale?

Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE Vote_lcap0%Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE Vote_lcap100%Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE Vote_rcap 100% [ 2 ]
Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE Vote_lcap0%Is it SAFE to buy house and lot with Rights only and NO DEED OF SALE Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jemaru

Arresto Menor

Hello Law Experts,

Can you please give advise as I'm planning to buy a house and lot however the deed is only Rights only and No Deed of Sale?

Is it safe to buy this?

What are the things that I should check first and where to check them?

I really need your help please because this is almost all my savings.

Thank you very much.

Jemaru

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

Not really.
First check if the seller is the real owner of the lot being offered for sale.
One way of knowing this is get the Land Title(Original Cetificate of Title the Transfer Certificate of Title) of the lot and check if the seller is the lawful owner of the land, in case the land being offered for sale is a registered property.

If the land is not registered, check the Tax Declaration of the property if it bears the name of the Seller.

If none of the two are present then "caveat emptor" or buyer beware, because you might be ending up empty handed. From your narration I'm of the impression that the land being offered to you is not really owned by the seller and that he is just selling his rights to you. This rights might involve only the sellers right to occupy the property and not its ownership. What if this right has an expiration or if this right willbe terminated by the person who granted the same to your seller? You might just get nothing out of it.

So, check things out first before investing your hard earned money.

jemaru

Arresto Menor

If the seller have the Land Title and or have Tax Declaration, then would it mean it is safe and secure to buy the land? Thank you very much Sir Admiral Thrawn for you reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum