Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible Breach of Contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Possible Breach of Contract Empty Possible Breach of Contract Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

ernanirivera

Arresto Menor

Hi. last year I was given a job offer by my current company that states on the vacation leave part,

"15 days per year (x leave credits can be used upon regularization)

start = upon regularization"

this is what is in my contract which i signed. I was hired april 4, 2011 and was regularized oct 4, 2011. Last year I was given a total 10.5 leaves which I already used. Now this year to my surprise, coz i dont see any leaves credit yet, I asked our HR when will I get the 15 vls. The answer I get was, I need to earn all 15 vls first, which is 1.25 a months then I can only use it starting January of next year. SO now I am left with no leave credits until December 31 2012.

This is something which was not discussed during the job offer and contract signing. It is a clear on my contract I should get 15 Vls every year, so I assumed that this will all be usable also within the year. What is the point of giving it to you when you cannot use it.
Now the company decision is that I should earn first the 15 VLs, before I can use it next year.
Question is, is this a breach of contract on their side?

2Possible Breach of Contract Empty Re: Possible Breach of Contract Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:33 pm

attyLLL

if there is a written policy which was available for your review then I would say there is no breach

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum