Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Presumption of Death

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Presumption of Death Empty Presumption of Death Thu May 03, 2012 4:29 am

Rectangle

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

I have been separated for more than 7 years with no communication with my estranged husband. I would like to file a declaration of presumptive death since he has not been in contact with us for years and I do not know where to find him.

I understand that should I marry, and once he re-appears, my 2nd marriage will be considered as void.

Questions:
1. What does he need to do to render my 2nd marriage as void?
2. What if he does not want to do anything about it? Did not report that he is still alive?

2Presumption of Death Empty Re: Presumption of Death Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

My answers:
1. Go to the LCR and prove that he is still alive.
2. Then your second marriage will still be valid.

3Presumption of Death Empty Re: Presumption of Death Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 am

Rectangle

Arresto Menor

Thanks! Just a follow up, what do I need to do to prove that I do not know if he is still alive? I am aware that I need to exhaust all efforts but I do not remember where he lives and do not have contact with any of his family. He no longer works for the company that he used to work for as well.

Will the court investigate? How?

We have also have a 9 year old daughter and she wants to change her surname to my maiden name. Can I do that even if the marriage is not annulled or the case for presumptive death is not yet final?

Thanks again.

4Presumption of Death Empty Re: Presumption of Death Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:59 pm

leolady

Arresto Menor

dear atty,

my husband was missing for 27 years now, and no news about him until now. can i file for a presumption of death since i want to marry again. pleas help me i do not know what to do. what do you think is the best way possible to do.

thank you so much

5Presumption of Death Empty Re: Presumption of Death Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

leolady wrote:dear atty,

my husband was missing for 27 years now, and no news about him until now. can i file for a presumption of death since i want to marry again. pleas help me i do not know what to do. what do you think is the best way possible to do.

thank you so much

Hi,

Yes you can do so, provided that you have sufficient evidence that you exerted efforts in locating him.

You may also send a direct email to km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum