Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing the complete name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing the complete name Empty Changing the complete name Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:05 am

Garfield_Everdeen

Arresto Menor

Is this ever possible?

Well, this is my case.

My parents were married by a judge. My father signed my birth certificate, so I am carrying his surname until now. But when I was still at my mother's womb, they got separated. From that day on, he abandoned us. I never saw him in person, we have no communication with him, he never supported me financially and in all aspects of life, etc.

They didn't file for legal separation, anullment, or whatsoever, which means, they are still legally married until this day. My questions are: Is abandonment a sufficient reason to convince the court to change my complete name? If so, what are the processes I must undergo to do so? What are the other essential things I need to know about this?

Note: My first name is oftenly misspelled and mispronounced, so doing the correction most of the time is always a hassle.

-Thank you in advance for the answers.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum