Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

force marriage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1force marriage Empty force marriage Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:44 pm

healthtea

Arresto Menor

my partner in life for almost 4 years got another woman pregnant. can he be forced to marry the girl bec of this reason.the parents said to him that the child can only bear his name if they got married,

how about me...what about my rights...

pls help me im so confuse

Last edited by healthtea on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word)

2force marriage Empty Re: force marriage Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:10 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

healthtea wrote:my partner in life for almost 4 years got another woman pregnant. can he be forced to marry the girl bec of this reason.the parents said to him that the child can only bear his name if they got married,

how about me...what about my rights...

pls help me im so confuse

they cannot force your partner to marry the girl. also, the girl has the option if she want the child to carry the name of the father.

3force marriage Empty Re: force marriage Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:02 pm

AttyLee

AttyLee
Arresto Menor

your "partner" got another woman pregnant...nung nagsasama pa kayo, may hadlang ba na hindi kayo pwedeng ikasal?

with regard to your rights...hmmm...

Family code states "Art. 147. When a man and a woman who are capacitated to marry each other, live exclusively with each other as husband and wife without the benefit of marriage or under a void marriage, their wages and salaries shall be owned by them in equal shares and the property acquired by both of them through their work or industry shall be governed by the rules on co-ownership.

In the absence of proof to the contrary, properties acquired while they lived together shall be presumed to have been obtained by their joint efforts, work or industry, and shall be owned by them in equal shares.

For purposes of this Article, a party who did not participate in the acquisition by the other party of any property shall be deemed to have contributed jointly in the acquisition thereof if the former's efforts consisted in the care and maintenance of the family and of the household.

Neither party can encumber or dispose by acts inter vivos of his or her share in the property acquired during cohabitation and owned in common, without the consent of the other, until after the termination of their cohabitation.

When only one of the parties to a void marriage is in good faith, the share of the party in bad faith in the co-ownership shall be forfeited in favor of their common children.

In case of default of or waiver by any or all of the common children or their descendants, each vacant share shall belong to the respective surviving descendants.

In the absence of descendants, such share shall belong to the innocent party. In all cases, the forfeiture shall take place upon termination of the cohabitation"

4force marriage Empty Re: force marriage Mon May 07, 2012 5:54 pm

healthtea

Arresto Menor

ako po ay nakipaghiwalay sa father ng aking anak noong 2008. nagfile po kami sa barangay ng settelement para sa visitation rights niya sa bata and nagagree po kami sa child support niya na min of p2000 a month..kaso hindi po niya ginagawa every month. he worked at ASIANA CCTV sa ortigas po ata ang office..kaso bihira pa din...then ngaun nasa QATAR cya kaso sinabi na lang niya nung nandun na siya when he called our son last nov 6 2011..

this is the reason kung bakit hindi po kami pwedeng ikasal ulit with my partner right now..

ang concern ko po ay 2 things :
first, pwede po bang pilitan ang partner ko na pakasalan ung girl na nabuntis niya at para din maipangalan sa kanya ung bata ?

2nd, pwede po ba cya makasuha dahil dun ?

ina acknowledge naman po niya ung bata kaso ayaw po ng pamilya ng girl..wala po cya work ngaun bec he's finishing his engineering course but pag may pera kami binibilhan namin ung bata then pinapadala sa bahay nung girl through a friend...

pls help po me im confuse and stressed...ung 2 questions po muna saka na lang ung sa father ng husband q

tnx...

5force marriage Empty Re: force marriage Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

attyLLL

he doesn't have to marry her but he has to provide support for the child

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum