Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recognition of US divorce

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recognition of US divorce Empty Recognition of US divorce Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:26 pm

giraffex

Arresto Menor

My first wife and I were married in the Philippines in 1981. She was a Filipina while I was an American citizen. After about 14 years of marriage we decided to split up amicably. By then she also became a US citizen. We tried to file for nullity in Manila but the Office of the Solicitor General threw it out on the grounds that the Philippines had no more jurisdiction on account of both parties were Americans. We decided to get a divorce in California where my first wife has been living and working for the last 10 years. I have subsequently remarried in the Philippines. I'd like to know how I can get my US divorce recognized here in the Philippines so the NSO record of my first marriage can be updated to reflect the divorce.

Thank you.

2Recognition of US divorce Empty Re: Recognition of US divorce Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:08 pm

attyLLL

a petition has to be filed in court, and the divorce proven to be valid. the one my firm handled took 6 months.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Recognition of US divorce Empty Re: Recognition of US divorce Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 pm

giraffex

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the information. What documents do I need? So far I have a certified copy from the Philippine consulate in San Francisco attesting to the authenticty of my divorce in California. Perhaps you can PM me so we can discuss further. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum