Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does my case have a remedy under the Consumer Act?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hqcarpiomd

Arresto Menor

Good day! I hope someone could help me here. Here's the story:

March 30, 2009: I applied for a DSL connection for my home. I paid my dues for a Plan 999, as was indicated in the OR that the connection agent gave me.

1st week of April 2009: My DSL was installed/connected, no problems with the speed as it was not my concern that time.

May 2009: I received my first bill for the subscription. Upon checking the details, I saw that I was charged for a different plan, Plan 1500. I immediately called up their hotline number and talked with a customer service representative to report the error. The CSR told me that he will make the report and forward it to the unit concerned for verification and action. I specifically told them that they have to correct the bill first before I pay since I felt that I am acknowledging the correctness of the bill if I pay it already that time.

June 2009: I was out of the country. The bill for May came to my house. My parents called me up to tell me that the bill hasn't been corrected yet. I asked them again to call the hotline to report the errors in billing. They have called several times due to this, and the CSR again gave an assurance that the report will be forwarded to concerned unit for action.

July 2009: I was back to the country. The bill for June came and to my dismay, no adjustments have been made yet. I called up the hotline again and specifically told them that I was irritated and furious about the continuous sending of erroneous billing statements to me. Again, the CSR said that the report will be forwarded for immediate action.

August 2009: July bill came and still, the errors were not rectified. I called them up again. This time I was more furious. The CSR told me again that I asked for an upgrade of the plan. I again reiterated that I did not do such as reflected in my OR. The CSR, after further review, told me that the adjustments were already approved and they will reflect on my next billing statement. I was consoled to hear such and told them I will wait for the bill adjustments.

September 2009: Relying on the statement that the CSR gave me last month, I paid 2000 pesos via online bank transfer. On my knowledge and computations, this was the supposed amount I should only pay given the adjustments. The August bill came a week after I made the payment, and to my utter dismay, it was still erroneous! No adjustments have been reflected whatsoever. I called them up again to report the errors. The CSR instructed me that I should go to the Lipa Branch office to file the complaint myself. I asked them why they did not tell this to me before, as I have called up several times to report the errors in my billing statement. They did not give me a clear answer and instead reiterated that i should file my complaint directly to that branch. I went to that said branch office and showed them my OR. The sales rep told me that the manager is not around to approve the adjustments. They asked for my mobile number so they could inform me of the action. I haven't received any call or SMS from them after I left their office.

October 2009: I received the September bill. My 2000 pesos payment was reflected, but the bill was still not adjusted and up until that month, I was still being charged for the Plan 1500! For the nth time, I called them up to report the errors. I got the same response that they will forward the report.

November 2009: I haven't received my October bill yet. When I tried to use the DSL connection, I found out that it had been cut off already. I called them up again to ask why it was suddenly cut off. They said it was permanently disconnected due to payment delinquency! I was furious! I told them that I was following up each and everytime their action on my erroneous bills and they did not act on it immediately. The CSR told me that they have made the adjustments already in the October bill which I havent received yet. They gave me a computation and told me I just have to pay 4000+ pesos balance, but they permanently cut my subscription due to non-payment!

I paid the balance just last week via online bank payment. I called them up again and asked about reconnection since it wasn't my fault as I was waiting for the bills to be corrected before I paid. The CSR told me that I have to go to the branch office again, file a request for reconnection and pay the reconnection fees. Her answer blew me off my seat! They have caused me great inconvenience as I had to follow-up with them each time I receive the erroneous bills, then they adjusted at the last minute and subsequently suddenly cut off the subscription permanently because I did not pay consistently, and now they wanted me to payfor another fee for reconnection!

I have emailed DTI about this, asking where I could file a formal complaint, but they did not answer (DTI-Region 4A) me yet. Please help. I need expert opinion on this. I feel that I was victimized by a money-making propaganda. I have an internet-based work/business and I already had lost much time and money because of their inefficiencies. We have to prevent scams like these.

Please help me. Thank you and God bless you all!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum