Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Withholding of Pay while on LOA

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Withholding of Pay while on LOA Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:43 am

maldita1218

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty:

Is it legal for a company to withhold an employee's pay when he/she is on Leave of Absence?

I work in a call center and I was on LOA for 7days. There were text messages exchanged between me and my supervisor that I have every intention of coming back,and we even discussed plans of my earlier return,as not to withhold my pay. Unfortunately,my pay was still withheld. Our HR rep advised that they have a cut-off for pay hold. But this info is only available on the supervisor's end,and not on an ordinary employee's view of the company's policies.

Is there probable cause if I bring this to NLRC, based on Art. 116 of the Labor Code? Thank you.

2Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Re: Withholding of Pay while on LOA Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:31 am

maldita1218

Arresto Menor

can someone help me on this?!? i really nees to clarify this concern.

thanks!

3Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Re: Withholding of Pay while on LOA Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:35 am

attyLLL

did you go back to work?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Re: Withholding of Pay while on LOA Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:14 am

maldita1218

Arresto Menor

Yes, I did. My then immediate supervisor saved our exchange of text messages regarding my return. I even requested to go back earlier than advised, but
they couldn't let me without a fit to work cert from the doctor.

Is this a violation on the employer's part, Atty.?

5Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Re: Withholding of Pay while on LOA Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm

attyLLL

ok, do you really mean loa, with approved leave? or without approval? if you have come back, then this should be ironed out. if you followed the procedure when absent then there shouldn't be a problem either.

6Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Re: Withholding of Pay while on LOA Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 am

maldita1218

Arresto Menor

it was an approved leave of absence since i don't have sick leave credits anymore. our hr said that they have a policy of withholding the employee's pay.but doesn't labor code supercede the company's policy? besides,it wasn't stated in the employee's handbook.

7Withholding of Pay while on LOA Empty Re: Withholding of Pay while on LOA Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 pm

attyLLL

if they still refuse to give your salary, the next step is to file a report at dole or a complaint at nlrc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum