Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prepaid lease and bank forclosure

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Empty Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:57 am

neisz

Arresto Menor

Hello, thank you for this site.

I entered into a lease contract for two years with the landlord. I felt that I had negotiated a good deal and paid two years in advance.

Now six months later I get a letter from a bank saying that they forclosed on a loan and are now the owner of the property. I went to the bank and showed them my lease and they said that they will not honor it and I have to vacate.
Location is Cebu City, Philippines

Please, Do I have any rights?

Thanks
Dave

2Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Empty Re: Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:53 pm

attyLLL

when was the auction? before or after the start of the lease?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Empty Re: Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:57 pm

neisz

Arresto Menor

After the start of the lease.
But the loan was taken out prior to the lease.

4Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Empty Re: Prepaid lease and bank forclosure Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:26 pm

attyLLL

if i were your lawyer, i would argue that the lease is binding upon the purchaser at the auction because they should have inspected the property before buying it, and had they done so, they would see that it is being leased.

argue also that a purchaser at auction is just like any other buyer, you merely step into the shoes of the seller so you absorb the the seller's rights and obligations.

if the redemption period is over, you should monitor if the title has been transferred to the bank and when the bank will file a petition for a writ of possession. you should file an opposition. note, you have to actively monitor this because you will not be given any notice.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum