Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie here asking for advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newbie here asking for advice Empty Newbie here asking for advice Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 pm

katieapz

Arresto Menor

Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask if anyone here knows the way/legal process on changing a child's surname from mother's maiden name to mother's married name?

I recently got married and my child carries my maiden name. Her birth certificate only indicate me as her parent so there is no need for affidavit of acknowledgment/admission of paternity. But since I am now carrying my husband's surname, we would like also to change my child's present surname into his. What would be the easiest way to do this? Appreciate your immediate response.

Thanks & regards,
Katie

2Newbie here asking for advice Empty Re: Newbie here asking for advice Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 pm

1202barrister

Arresto Menor

In order to do it legally; your child should be adopted by your husband; the effect will be, the surname you carry will also be carried by your kid.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum