Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Empty Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 pm

aizle

Arresto Menor

good day!
As practice in our company, we have this bonus called "Management Incentive" every end of the year, It is equivalent to 1% of the Net income for the year and to be distributed to officers and employees. My questions are:
1. Is there any ruling/law particularly in profit-sharing of companies?
2.Are the Board of Trustees entitled to this benefit since it is called "Management Incentive"?
Thank you and looking forward for reply. God bless!

2Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Empty Re: Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:34 pm

attyLLL

is this a stock corporation or a non-profit?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Empty Re: Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm

aizle

Arresto Menor

we're a non-stock, non-profit company po.

4Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Empty Re: Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 am

attyLLL

the corp code dictates that any profit made should be used for the purpose of the organization, although my opinion a 1% of net income can be defensible as allowable extra income for the employees, but it should be presented as income not profit sharing.

any compensation to the directors should be clearly provided for in the by-laws. they are allowed up to 10% of net income before tax.

aizle

Arresto Menor

thank you atty.
another question po?
what if ang compensation po na nakalagay sa by-laws is only the per diem, and aside from per diem they are receiving other allowances such as travel, representation expense, do you think it is a violation or the corp code?
as far as i could dig in the records only board resolutions increasing such allowances lang po ang nakita ko. i don't have any idea kung kelan po nag start ang mga ganitong benefits nila.
thanks po uli!

6Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Empty Re: Benefits of Elected Board of Trustees Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

attyLLL

those are not necessarily income, but they are allowances for expenses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum