Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card Settlement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Credit Card Settlement Empty Credit Card Settlement Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Patches

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I have this problem with BPI Cards. I wasn't able to pay my balance and my account was then transferred to a collection agency (law firm). I had not been able to settle for at least a year i think and when the agency talked to me, they offered me an arrangement which i cannot comply with. My last outstanding balance from the time i failed to make payment is around 135K and i requested if i can settle it within a year (pag iipunan ko nalang and gawan ng paraan). But they refused and insisted on the options of either paying 235k one time or settling a 300k plus at P14k per month for two years. This is far from what i owe and talagang hindi ko kaya.

Now i have a sum of money case and some people says that if i don't respond to this case, since my payroll account is with bpi, bpi can clear my payroll account each time my salary is credited and maay even get the whole amount of my final pay and retirementpay if i resign from my company. Can they do that?

What if the name in my credit card is different with that in payroll? can they still do that? (My card rflects two first names while my name in our HR (and my payroll account) has been changed from the old one that has 2 first names into one (using only my second name)).

i hope you could help me as i have been very sickly lately due to the stress it has been causing me. I have all the intention of paying and am even planning just to pay each time i'm able to get money (either from loan or bonus or what have you) by depositing it to my old credit card account ---- but the options they are offering me is just too much. Breadwinner po ako and i don't have that big a salary.

Thank you very much!

2Credit Card Settlement Empty Re: Credit Card Settlement Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 pm

attyLLL

yes, they can compensate your debt against your bank account. i'm surprised they haven't already, but that's probably because they don't realize you have a BPI account because of the name difference, but once they determine you are the same person, it's fair game.

there's hope but you need to take legal action: http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2009/september2009/175490.htm

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum