Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uncompensated!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uncompensated!  Empty Uncompensated! Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

leznahz

Arresto Menor

Good evening atty, I work for a humanitarian institution, I'm assigned as a nurse in the blood services facility (blood bank), our work is to deal with blood donors, extract blood from them, do blood typing and the likes. For almost a year of work, we are supposed to have a 2 day-off every week but since I'm in this particular institution, with the "Exigency of Service" notion, we are tasked to work 6x or worse the whole week, though we can charge our extra duties with uncompensated pay, is there a law that's applicable to spare us time for rest? another thing, we don't have overtime pay, and worse, no hazard pay with all the threats of contaminating ourselves from various reagents and microbes. Also, We cannot charge our holiday duties if we're official on-duty for that day. Can you enlighten me with all the necessary and must-have benefits in my matter? thanks!

2Uncompensated!  Empty Re: Uncompensated! Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:54 pm

attyLLL

what the law requires is that you have at least one rest day per week, and be paid overtime premium after 8 hours of work. indeed you can be required to come on your rest day, but you must be paid premium, and it can't be too often. as for hazard pay, i am not aware of any law which obligate it.

i recommend you write a letter to your HR. then you can escalate by filing a complaint at the nearest dole field office.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum