Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

seniors citizen card

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1seniors citizen card Empty seniors citizen card Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 am

davaoexpat

Arresto Menor

[b]I am an foreigner and I have been legally granted a seniors citizen card by the OSCA office in Davao ,I have conflicting advices and opinions about its use ,what is the truth .

2seniors citizen card Empty Re: seniors citizen card Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 pm

djuan

Arresto Menor

is it true that the senior citizen act punishes alien who use the card for discount? we have non-filipino relatives who plan use it, should i tell them to refrain from using it for discount because it is illegal? or should we just wait till the store finds out? and if the store finds out about it, is there anything we can do to get out of it? they also tried to apply for the card and they got it. but is it risky to use it? i'm just confused because when i read the senior citizen act. i'm not sure if section 10 was for the establishments that violates the act where one of the owner is also alien or is it the alien consumer who use the card for discount?

3seniors citizen card Empty Re: seniors citizen card Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 pm

attyLLL

while the law itself doesn't distinguish, in the implementing rules it is stated:

5.1 SENIOR CITIZEN OR ELDERLY – refers to any Filipino citizen who is a resident of the
Philippines, and who is sixty (60) years old or above. It may apply to senior citizens with “dual
citizenship” status provided they prove their Filipino citizenship and have at least six (6) months
residency in the Philippines.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4seniors citizen card Empty Re: seniors citizen card Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:02 pm

djuan

Arresto Menor

thanks atty.

so am i right to believe that aliens (non-filipino citizens) who uses the senior citizen card for discount are doing something that could land them in jail or be deported because the implementing rule says:

5.1 SENIOR CITIZEN OR ELDERLY – refers to any Filipino citizen who is a resident of the
Philippines, and who is sixty (60) years old or above. It may apply to senior citizens with “dual
citizenship” status provided they prove their Filipino citizenship and have at least six (6) months
residency in the Philippines.

and aliens/non-filipinos are liable under section 10 of RA 9257 which says:

If the offender is an alien or a foreigner, he shall be deported immediately after the service of the sentence [six months or more imprisonment] without further deportation proceedings.

5seniors citizen card Empty Re: seniors citizen card Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:27 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, that is the safer interpretation

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum