Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP Empty BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 pm

its.me.yen

Arresto Menor

name: LLIEY ANN GERANGCA DELOS SANTOS
nso: Lliey Ann Gerangca de los Santos
November 13 1987
parents NOT married

name: LAVERNE GERANGCA DELOS SANTOS
nso: Laverne Gerangga Delos Santos
March 27, 1991
parents married

name:LAURENCE GERANGCA DELOS SANTOS
July 22, 1992
parents married

on my younger brothers BC, our parents were married on November 2, 1987 in Olongapo City but they are NOT.

our late grandmother and the midwife filled up and filed the BC of Laverne (signed by our father); and copied when Laurence (signed by our mother using my father's surname) was born.

they were saying that during that time, there's a law prohibiting the use of father's surname when they're not married so the midwife faked the marriage just to have it registered. and now we're having a problem with this.

how can we fix this, the process, requirements needed and for how long will it take???

and last thing,
our mother's surname is GERANGCA and it's in her Certificate of Live Birth
but on her nso it's GERANCA and said that we need to correct first in the local civil registrar in Hinigaran, Negros Occidental. My mother left for Olongapo for more than 30 years and we're currently living in Bulacan.
so, is there an easier way to process my mother's BC, or we really have to go back to her hometown which will be very time consuming and costy also....
scratch

Hope to hear from you soon.
Big THANKS!!!!
Smile Very Happy

2BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP Empty Re: BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 am

public defender

Arresto Menor

In correcting your mother's birth certificate: you have to file the correction at the place here the bc is registered. This is the requirement of the law. no exceptions.

As to the problem regarding the "fake" marriage being registered: you have to file a petition to correct the same.

Also, you will have to include the father as part of the case since you will affect the legitimacy of the children.

The process usually takes 6 to 8 months.

requirements documents for the filing of petition:

birth certificate
certification from the NSO regarding the marriage
marriage contract of parents

then, petition will be placed in a newspaper for three weeks.

then you will present this in court

then you will present witnesses to explain to the court regarding the corrections.

viola!

Please get a lawyer as there are some technicalities that will have to be explained.

3BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP Empty Re: BC problem of siblings and mother ASAP Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am

its.me.yen

Arresto Menor

thanks for the infos. Smile

can we hire a PAO lawyer for this kind of case???

Very Happy THANKS!!! Very Happy

public defender

Arresto Menor

just visit their offices to know what are their requirements.

good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum