Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

downpayment and bank guarantee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1downpayment and bank guarantee Empty downpayment and bank guarantee Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:00 am

wandawoman

Arresto Menor

Hi I am buying a property thru bank loan. initally I agreed with the seller that I will give partial down. Now I am quite hesitant realizing that I would have no hold on him to actually proceed tranfer the title and the tax declaration before the bank pay him. he can delay it or do nothing at all

How does downpayment really work? is it paid before the tranfer of title and tax dec or after the bank has paid the seller.

2downpayment and bank guarantee Empty Re: downpayment and bank guarantee Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

manilenio

Arresto Menor

Sir, execute a contract to sell with the seller. Then, have it notarized and enter it in the register of deeds. I hope before you do anything, ask for the TCT (transfer certificate of title) and go to the register of deeds to get a certified true copy, then compare. Also check for liens and encumbrances on the title, and check if the property taxes are paid. If the title is clean, then proceed with the contract to sell. The down payment is part of the contract to sell. After you've paid in full, then you will execute a deed of absolute sale so you can transfer the title to your name.

Please research more on how to transfer titles, or go ask the register of deeds for the procedures involved. This is not legal advice because I'm not a lawyer. Hope that helps.

http://www.manilenio.o.cc

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum