Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oral Defamation by employer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oral Defamation by employer Empty Oral Defamation by employer Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:28 pm

josanneluistro

Arresto Menor

good day!
i currently seeking for advice right now. I am currently employed as accounting instructor of one of a newly opened school in quezon.

Me and my boss has a misunderstanding for quite sometime now, but he isn't still terminating my services, so i planned to stay with the school just this semester. but last friday, without talking to me first, he made a close door meeting with all the students (on a room to room basis) and humiliated and insulted me in front of them all, telling them that that would be my last day at work and that a new instructor will be introduced. my students even recorded the conversation and i was devastated.

So i forwarded them a letter, telling them that I will be filing a 7 day leave of absence to think on what to do next. but according to my co-teachers, they will be sending me a notice that I am AWOL as of today and wants to talk to them by tomorrow.

i have been with the school since its pre-operation, and there area lot of problems going on in the school right now such as courses are not properly registered with the proper government authorities, employees are underpaid with no benefits, the students are on the verge of protests,and i think knowing this has triggered in them to shatter my credibility in front of the students, and eventually fire me.

please answer my query, i don't know what to do right now. i would really appreciate it. thank you and more power.

2Oral Defamation by employer Empty Re: Oral Defamation by employer Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 pm

attyLLL

i suggest you go back to work so they won't have anything to use against you. meanwhile, you can a complaint in your school against your boss if there is any higher authority, or a criminal case of slander.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Oral Defamation by employer Empty Re: Oral Defamation by employer Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:10 pm

josanneluistro

Arresto Menor

but what if i choose to terminate my employment? i have read in the labor code that i need not serve a written notice if the cause is serious insult to the honor and person of the employee. can i use this as an excuse?

4Oral Defamation by employer Empty Re: Oral Defamation by employer Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 pm

josanneluistro

Arresto Menor

another thing is that it is the owner of the company who humiliated and insulted me,

i have another question, if i chose to terminate my employment, do i get to claim a separation pay?

5Oral Defamation by employer Empty Re: Oral Defamation by employer Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:21 pm

attyLLL

if you resign, you will not be entitled to separation pay. just make sure you have the evidence if they suddenly claim damages from you.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum