Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liable of Payment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Liable of Payment Empty Liable of Payment Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 am

mlacsam

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I am a freelance contractor working home based telemarketing. I was hired by a Canadian Citizen Client virtually to be his virtual assistant and company manager, because he wanted to put up a virtual telemarketing business. Now this client was able to get a project for his new business. Now as a manager he asked me to look for 5 freelance contractors (virtual call center agents) to work for him for $4/hr. During the 8 days of work (with zero production) of these contractors the Canadian Client disappeared and I haven't heard from him for almost 2 weeks now. Now these 5 contractors, 2 of them I know personally have not been paid and I as well has not been paid for my work. These 5 contractors now are pointing their fingers on me as to paying what our client owed them. I initially interviewed them and assured them that the canadian client was a good payer, because he was and I received on time payment from him in the past. What I did not want is these people harassing me to pay them what I did not owe. They have even asked their family members to call me, threat and harass me. I have all the documents and recordings that will prove that I am just a part of the virtual company, a worker and that the client is the one who will pay them. Also, between the client, the company and the agent and I, we all did not have any written contract or agreement. All were done verbally. I am scared because of the harassment and the threatening. Am I liable to pay this people?
Sad

2Liable of Payment Empty Re: Liable of Payment Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 pm

attyLLL

answered your pm

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum