Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

"LOOKING" for work abroad, it is illegal for Pinoys?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UBEICECREAM

Arresto Menor

Don't know if this is the right forum to post this, hope the moderators will just move if not.

My question is this:

I know there are many laws with regards to Filipinos working abroad. They are required to register with POEA, etc. etc. before they can proceed to work in other countries.

But how about those that are just still "looking" for work? Like if I fly to Singapore (as tourist) just so a potential employer can interview me for a job prospect -- is that already an illegal act? Which Philippine laws says so? Do we really have to pass by an agency for us to be able to work abroad? ILLEGAL ba ang direct hiring?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

attyLLL

no, it is not illegal, but you cannot expect the protection given by our laws. case in point that poea always requires, if you die, will the employer send your body back here at their expense?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

UBEICECREAM

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:no, it is not illegal, but you cannot expect the protection given by our laws. case in point that poea always requires, if you die, will the employer send your body back here at their expense?

Thanks atty.

But does the law differentiate one who is just going abroad to look for work (and thus will come back soon enought), and one who is going abroad to work (and thus will take years to come back)? Obviously there is a big difference between these two?

Case in point is the growing trend among Filipinos to go to Singapore just to look for work. They have no jobs yet waiting for them in Singapore, but Philippine Immigration officials find it in their power to stop them from "looking" for work by preventing them from boarding their flights in the first place.

attyLLL

ah, that's what you are referring to. i agree that some of the policies of the BI can be considered an undue restriction on the right to travel, but their argument is that it is for protection of the laborers.

whether it is right or wrong, their policy can be stopped only by a court order

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

UBEICECREAM

Arresto Menor

Copy that Atty. Thanks again.

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Moreover, you can not find a work in Singapore whenever your visa is a tourist visa. A working VISA (EPAS/SPASS) must be issued first by MOM (Ministry of Labor) before you can work in Singapore.

7"LOOKING" for work abroad, it is illegal for Pinoys? Empty re: looking for work abroad... Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:43 am

salvacion sioting

Arresto Menor

I used to work in Brunei Darussalam, and visited the countries of Malaysia and Singapore once or twice for the entire years I spent working there. What I just want to say to you is that their Immigration is really strict. And jobs and their salaries are quite low and some of the companies, especially owned by Malays, are quite "stingy" when it comes to benefits, especially if they know that your visa is a visit pass, not employment pass. I think that it would be better if you apply and work their legally, anyway, if you don't like your work, you can always resign and reapply with your recruitment agency. Mas safe ka di ba? GOODLUCK!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum