Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

free tax help

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1free tax help Empty free tax help Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:00 pm

franklyn

Arresto Menor

hi guys. I need free tax help concerning the properties of my grand father. he died last week. he left several real properties in our home province. my father and my aunts want to transfer the properties under their names. before they can do that, they were required to pay estate tax. please give me free tax advice on the procedures for paying estate taxes. your help will be highly apprecialted. thanks

2free tax help Empty Re: free tax help Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:12 am

prettylaw

prettylaw
Arresto Mayor

did you already file a notice of death to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Internal Revenue? if not, the executor, administrator or any of the legal heirs, sholuld file within 2 months after the decedent's ( your grandfather) death, or within a like period after qualifying as such executor or administrator

3free tax help Empty Re: free tax help Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:56 am

franklyn

Arresto Menor

ma'am we have not yet submitted a notice of death. good thing you reminded me because the deadline is already near. ok after the notice of death, how will I know how much estate tax should we pay?

4free tax help Empty Re: free tax help Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 pm

prettylaw

prettylaw
Arresto Mayor

The computation of the estate tax is very complicated. You can go to the assessment section of the BIR for assistance. You mentioned that your grandfather left real properties, the gross estate shall include Fair Market Value (FMV) of the real properties as determined by the Commissioner OR the FMV shown in schedule of values fixed by the assessors, whichever is HIGHER. To get the net estate, we deduct from the gross estate the deductions.
the deductions from gross estate includes the following:
1) Expenses, Losses, Indebtedness, and Taxes:
(a) actual funeral expenses or five percent (5%) of the gross estate whichever is lower (not exceeding P200,000)
(b) judicial expenses of the testamentary or intestate proceedings
(c) claims against the estate
(d) claims against insolvent persons included in the gross estate
(e) unpaid mortgages or indebtedness upon property
(f) unpaid taxes
(g) losses incurred during the settlement of the estate
2) Transfers for Public Use-to the government of the Republic of the Philippines or any political subdivision thereof, exclusively for public purposes
3) Vanishing deductions
4) Family Home
5) Standard Deduction -- P1,000,000
6) Medical Expenses
7) Amount Received by Heirs under RA 4917
Cool Net Share of the surviving spouse in the Conjugal Property

You better bring the titles and tax declaration of the real properties to the BIR. They will give you an idea how much u should pay

5free tax help Empty Re: free tax help Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 pm

franklyn

Arresto Menor

shocks ang hirap pala magprocess ng estate tax. they also require extrajudicial settlement etc.. kailangan din ng lagay para lower nila ung zonal value Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum