Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing surname in Birth Certificate

+7
zychie
dazzle
cuteyabby
Glazel
Mhissy
attyLLL
delfinkarenv
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Changing surname in Birth Certificate Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am

delfinkarenv

Arresto Menor

Changing Surname in Birth Certificate

I would like to inquire about the chance of changing the surname of my son. I have a 1 year old son carrying his Dad's surname. I want to change my son's surname into my surname for the following reasons:

1. I am not married with my son's Dad. I don't have any plan of being with him anymore.
2. He was never responsible from the time I was pregnant up to present. He does not give full nor partial support to my son, not any. Maybe because he is unemployed and has many vices.
3. He does not even visit my son and does not show any concern anymore.

The reason why my son is carrying his Dad's surname is because his Dad and I seemed okay before. He suddenly showed up on the day of my delivery and then acknowledged his son and signed to his birth certificate. By that time I was hesitant to let him sign the birth certificate but I can't do anything because he says he acknowledges his son and promised to do his role as the father of our child.

But after 2 months, me and my son did not see him anymore and we didn't even receive any support from him. (note: he's single)

Is there any possibility that I could change my son's surname into my surname? I want to fix his birth certificate as early as possible while my son is not yet going to school. I don't want my son to use his Dad's surname when he is already schooling.

I hope you could give me advise about what to do. What are the legal steps that I should do?

Thank you!

delfinkarenv

Arresto Menor

Hi! Can anyone please help me and give me idea of what to do with my problem?

Thanks!

attyLLL

in my opinion, the legal remedy for this situation is for you to adopt your child.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Mhissy

Arresto Menor

Hi good day..!! May tanong po ako.. Yun problem ko is mali yun spelling ng surname ko sa birth certificate kO isang letter lang po yun mali..tanong ko lang po pwede ko po bng gamitin as evidence yun mga birth certificate ng mga kapatid ko??? Im planning po ksi to go abroad and thats my prob..hope u can answer my question..thanks Smile

attyLLL

file a petition for correction at the civil registrar where your birth certificate is registered.

6Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Mhissy

Arresto Menor

Thanks Smile ..how long will it take po kaya para maayos?? Dadaan po kaya s court yun or pwede maayos sa civil registry? Tnx

attyLLL

it will be resolved at the civil registry. it should take 3-6 months

Mhissy

Arresto Menor

Thanks for d info..buti nlng may ganitong site.u help a lot Smile big tnx

Glazel

Arresto Menor

Hi! i just want to have some briefings on what to do regarding the errors in my birth certificate.

mali po kc ung isang letter ng Given name ko sa Birth Certificate ko. Ung wrong name ko din nkaregister sa Baptismal certificate ko. Pero ung school records, TOR and Diploma, Voter's ID, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance and Bank Statements and other IDs ko ay tama.

One more thing na mali sa birth certificate ko is ung date of birth ko.
instead of May 12, its May 21 on my Birth Certificate.
But originally, its May 12 which i keep on using for my personal info.

I already inquired on or Civil Registry Office.
They give me the requirements i need to submit.

Just want to know kung pano ung process ng correction?
dadaan pa ba un sa court?

Need your advice badly.
Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks!

10Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:17 am

attyLLL

you should look up the process for correction under ra 9048; available at nso website

11Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:48 pm

cuteyabby

Arresto Menor

Hi po, newbie here. Ask ko lang po on how to change the surname of my son. i-acknowledge po sya ng tatay nya. when i gave birth po kasi hindi kami ok ng tatay nya. pero before sya mag-1 y/o nagkasundo na po kami. ano po ang process and how much po? gano po katagal ang process? thanks po sa help.

12Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 am

attyLLL

just go to the local civil registrar and ask for forms regarding acknowledgment and authority to use surname of the father

13Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 am

dazzle

dazzle
Arresto Menor

kapag sabihin civil registrar under nso or city hall?

14Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 am

cuteyabby

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:just go to the local civil registrar and ask for forms regarding acknowledgment and authority to use surname of the father

Ok. Thanks po.

15Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 pm

zychie

Arresto Menor

good evening. I just wanna ask for advise about my son's surname. I am a single parent (not married), and he's using my surname. Hindi kasi kami okay ng father niya kaya surname ko ang pinagamit ko but in birth certificate nilagay ko name ng tatay niya wala lang acknowledgement. Now, were planning to get married this year. My question is paano na magiging surname ng anak ko? automatic ba na mapapalitan na rin ang surname ng anak nmin? or there would be any other legal procedure? sabi kasi ng iba kailangan daw i-adopt ng father even he is the real father. pls help. thank you.

16Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Wed May 08, 2013 11:10 am

matot

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I need some advice regarding my nephew's case. He's 4 y.o. and is living with us. His Dad signed his birth certificate and with that being said, my nephew's using the last name his Dad told us so. My sister and that man is not married and we later found out that the guy's already married long before he met my sister. In addition, we found out that his complete name (we knew of 8 years ago)does not exist. Now, my mom wants to have it changed to our surname. How should we process it? I mean, what should be the first step and how long will it take for us to have it changed?

Your answer would be of great help. Thank you. Smile

17Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty changing my nieces' surnames Thu May 09, 2013 3:38 pm

elleguzman

Arresto Menor

hi! Good afternoon! May dalawa po akong pamangkin ko sa kapatid kong babae. yung isa po dinadala ang surname ng tatay nila, yung isa po sinunod sa apleyido ng kapatid kong babae. Bale hindi po sila kasal ng kapatid ko, at matagal tagal na din pong walang pakialam ang tatay sa mga anak nya. Ngayon po, kasal na po ang kapatid ko sa ibang lalaki. Gusto po nilang mag-asawa na ibahin na yung apelyido ng dalawang bata. Paano yun? Same process lang po ba yun? Kelangan po bang ipaalam pa dun sa tatay ng mga bata o hindi na? Sana po matulungan nyo po ako sa mga katanungan ko. Maraming Salamat po! Smile

18Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 am

sopmac

Arresto Menor

Good day po, tanong ko ln po, is there a possible way na mabago ung "Not Applicable" na nakalagay sa birth certificate ng anak ko, kc po nung nanganak po ung girlfriend ko noon eh not in good terms po kami at nasa ibang bansa na po ako, tpos ngayon po ok na kami, so umuwi po ako at inayos po namin surname nya but nde na po nabago ung section na not applicable but i already acknowledge my daughter na po. Would be the acknowledgement be enough to say na ako po ang tatay nya even though nde na matatanggal ung N.A sa name of father in her birth certificate? Please help me po salamat

19Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Fri May 17, 2013 1:47 pm

attyLLL

sopmac, affidavit of acknowledgment will need to be filed at the civil registrar with consent of the mother. you can also file an authority to use surname of the father

20Changing surname in Birth Certificate Empty Re: Changing surname in Birth Certificate Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm

christian yor

Arresto Menor

hi thank you in advance if you can answer my question
i am 29 years old and seeking to change my surname
i think i was 12 or somewhere when my mom was annuled and i learned that my father whom ive known was not my real father and it wasnt until i was 21 that i found my real biological father any how in my mothers testimoni and papers it was said that i am not his x husbands son but the decision was said that me and my brother is to retain my surname
now the problem is i have kids and i dont want to marry in this name i want to use my mothers maiden surname can i have a step by step help from you sir/mam it would mean alot to me for you to help me so i could marry in the soonest possible time
thank you and may god bless you sincerely youres....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum