Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

un-notarized contract, bouncing check, death threat from client

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jvg24g

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Good evening! Would like to ask if there are laws regarding the un-notarized contract, bouncing check and death threat from client.

I am a freelance programmer and signed a contract from a client last 2009 to do a networking system.

1. 2009 - The client needs the system ASAP he gives a down payment at 10% which was not the exact percentage that i am requiring for the system. I said 50% but he insisted to pay a down payment of 10% and he requires to be finished it in just a month. And only sends a screenshot of his propose system not even the details or functionality he wants for the system. He just gives a contract without the dates to implement this system and the contract is not yet notarized. Is this legal contract?

This is a big system and this need time. After a month i installed it in his laptop and more changes requires so i still do it. Even installing software or reformat his laptop until midnight. After weeks he keeps calling me follow-up if the system is done. I said i need more time, but he keeps calling me keep saying bad things and even text me of death threat. Says "me mangyayari sa yong masama sa araw na to", "ipapadampot kita" etc.. I was scared, doesn't know what to do. So i said wont finished it and will give the down back instead. And the next day he texted me and says sorry. And we meet again to discuss the system and gives another contract, but he never give me a copy of it. Is this legal, without a copy of the contract?

2. 2010 to present - We're still not fully done of the system because he requires changes and additional requirements for the system which is not in the contract. But every time i done some revisions i installed it in his 1. laptop 2. web hosting 3. home sever and 4. office server. It file leave for work just to do install it in his servers, even until 6am. He also appeared all of a sudden. Sometimes months i haven't heard from him and appear unexpectedly asking again about the system ASAP. Asking changes or new requirement. And if i can't come he text me threats he even called my worked and even go to my work to discuss and even try insult me to other people. I also filed a police blotter because of his threats. He also gives another 10% of down thru check that overall down of 20% but should be 50% as what i required. But this checks bounce. Can i sue him for this? I don'y have assurance if he can pay me.

This week he text me follow-up again, and text me "lalapit na kami ng tito ko (dating congressman daw po) sa NBI at sa BITAG dahil sa panloloko mo sa min madami na ko customer nawala sa tagal nyan". I told him, that i wont finished this and give back his down.

May i ask, if he has legal rights to sue me? Or i was the one who abused by this type of client. Do i need to give back the 20% down? My relatives told me not to return it because i almost finished the systems.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Gobless!

attyLLL

answered your pm

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum