Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

+18
cdo22
HrDude
hubbylan06
lhen_1827
rosyy
sunflowerdrops
karl704
tilapiang_dako
anon21
s3ny0r
aleyn
albertaang2002
ashamedme
cgsantiago
rchrd
anna marie
attyLLL
regretfool
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:14 am

regretfool

Arresto Menor

I was caught shoplifting in Landmark worth 900+ of shoes!!! i was brought in the security office,made me fill up a form writing a statement that i was invited in their office and will pay the goods that i 'forgot' to pay. i was so scared and shaking while i was filling up the form while the investigator told me what was going to happen: sabi nya i will pay the amount of the shoes double and will not be able to get the shoes.i beg to pay the amount na lang and not double pero di daw po pwede, policy daw po un.
i have no receipt or acknowledgment that i paid tapos i was taken mug shot!!! hay.i asked na wag na since nagbayad naman na ko, nothing else was found in my possession, i have other purchases pa nga..pero di pumayag yung investigator.picture pa din Sad.
i've read the other forums here re shoplifting (similar case), buti pa nga sila 500 lang binayaran ako 1800! Sad siguro kasi nakita nila may pera ko sa bag kaya siguro ganon. kaya lang po ang concern ko at talagang di po ako makatulog kakaisip is kung ano mangyayari next? pinaalis na nila ko and said it was settled.i asked if they will post my pictures publicly or sa wall na yun nga dun sa office nila,sabi hindi daw. this is so humiliating as i have a daughter who goes to school.
- will it displayed po? wala po ba akong karapatan na hilingin sa kanila to keep on their file na lang and not post it where people can see?
- is it advisable to go back to their office and ask further questions?
- and to also check if nakapost ang mug shot/picture ko dun?
i regret what happened and i am most apologetic, this is the first and last offense... learned my lesson the ultra hard way. too bad for me.
ano pong gagawin ko? can't get this matter off my head. thanks in advance...

attyLLL

what will happen is that they'll catch new shoplifters and they'll forget about you. your settlement absolved you of any criminal liability. move on with your life.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 am

regretfool

Arresto Menor

thanks atty!

More power!

anna marie

Arresto Menor

ako din po, i was caught shoplifting in yr 2006. I was taken picture but they ddnt ask me to pay but they took pictures on me. I did it out depression. They ddnt send me to jail. i was shaking and paranoid, and i regret what i did. I was out of my mind. i got my nbi clearance in yr 2009 with no hit. Is my case clear and settled? Pls help me..

attyLLL

you got your nbi clearance, right?

anna marie

Arresto Menor

yes atty i got my nbi clearnce and even renewed it with no hit..is that an assurance that i dont need to worry? thank you po.

rchrd

rchrd

Anna Marie:
You have settled your case so you do not have worry about being sued. Some learn the easy way - some learn the hard way. Bad experience but the redeeming value for you and Grateful is that you saw and learned the lesson (others won't regret but would instead look for ways not to be caught next time).

What could be missing only is for you to ask forgiveness from your creator so the bad experience would not be like a ghost that keeps on scaring you. seeya

anna marie

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for the advise attorney. I'm always thankful for the people like you who spend time answering our queries. In return I always make the best I can to help and serve others as well. Thank you and more powers to pinoy lawyers!=)

Maraming salamat po.

9CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 am

cgsantiago

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. I have a similar case , i was caught also of getting a nail polish. di ko alam kung ano pumasok sa akin at naisip ko gawin yun..they brought me sa kanilang affice at nagfill up ng form and paid for the said nail polish..as you know,paranoid din ako at kailangan marinig din personaly from you kung ano mangyayari dahil kailangan kong kumuha ng NBI Clearance..so afraid po.magrereflect po ba yun?Sobrang piangsisisihan ko yung ginawa kong yun. Salamat po..

10CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:06 pm

attyLLL

please see above

11CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:06 pm

ashamedme

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:please see above

hello po atty. i did the same thing po, nahuli po ako, dinala din po ako sa security ofice, kinuhaan ng picture, pinasulat ng explanation letter bakit ko nagawa un and pinalagay din po dun na kapag nahuli po ako ulit ikukulong na po ako and nagsorry po ako, nakalagay din po dun ung basic info ko po like name, address, age, marital status.. etc.. after po nun kinausap po nila ako and after ilang hours pinaalis na din po ako. hindi po ako makatulog dahil po dito natatakot po ako na baka ipost nila ung picture ko po sa sm mall and baka po malaman ng family ko. possible po ba na ipost nila sa loob ng mall ung mga pangalan ng shoplifter po na nahuhuli?

12CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:03 pm

attyLLL

unlikely, please see above

13CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm

albertaang2002

Arresto Menor

regretfool wrote:I was caught shoplifting in Landmark worth 900+ of shoes!!! i was brought in the security office,made me fill up a form writing a statement that i was invited in their office and will pay the goods that i 'forgot' to pay. i was so scared and shaking while i was filling up the form while the investigator told me what was going to happen: sabi nya i will pay the amount of the shoes double and will not be able to get the shoes.i beg to pay the amount na lang and not double pero di daw po pwede, policy daw po un.
i have no receipt or acknowledgment that i paid tapos i was taken mug shot!!! hay.i asked na wag na since nagbayad naman na ko, nothing else was found in my possession, i have other purchases pa nga..pero di pumayag yung investigator.picture pa din Sad.
i've read the other forums here re shoplifting (similar case), buti pa nga sila 500 lang binayaran ako 1800! Sad siguro kasi nakita nila may pera ko sa bag kaya siguro ganon. kaya lang po ang concern ko at talagang di po ako makatulog kakaisip is kung ano mangyayari next? pinaalis na nila ko and said it was settled.i asked if they will post my pictures publicly or sa wall na yun nga dun sa office nila,sabi hindi daw. this is so humiliating as i have a daughter who goes to school.
- will it displayed po? wala po ba akong karapatan na hilingin sa kanila to keep on their file na lang and not post it where people can see?
i regret what happened and i am most apologetic, this is the first and last offense... learned my lesson the ultra hard way. too bad for me.

Nakakuha po ba kayo ng NBI Clearance?

14CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:46 pm

aleyn

Arresto Menor

hello good evening. i was caught shoplifting back when i was 12 years old. pina-fill-up-an po ako ng form tapos they took a picture of me. my dad paid for what I did. i just want to ask if kukuha po ako ng NBI clearance, may hit na? i mean, magkakaroon po ba ako ng criminal records? i'm really bothered.

15CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 pm

attyLLL

most probably no record of that incident

16CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:20 pm

s3ny0r

Arresto Menor

Atty i just want to seek your advise,
What happened was me and my wife was shopping at Sm department store
when we went to the cashier to pay for our items the lady forgot to swipe one of the item that we bought which ended up in our eco bag but was not paid because it was not swiped through the bar scanner
when we were heading out a civilian guard stopped us and went through our items and receipt and found that a baby bottle that we thought we paid for worth 1,200 was not there.
he took us to the customer relations office we went through the interogation process they asked me to admit that i stole that item which i did not do
they told me that if i dont confess to the crime that they will file a case of theft against me.
i really did not admit that because i really did not do it.
i ended up being locked up at CIDG for 3 days, they let me post bail because i did not agree on having it investigated anymore as if i do they will keep me locked up until the investigation is over,
i had no choice i have a newborn baby at home and a 3 year old son waiting.
so i paid 10,500 for my bail i got out the same day.
my question is what would happen next? i have a hearing this coming monday for this case and i want to know if i would go back to jail for this.

thank you,

17CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:32 am

anon21

Arresto Menor

regretfool wrote:I was caught shoplifting in Landmark worth 900+ of shoes!!! i was brought in the security office,made me fill up a form writing a statement that i was invited in their office and will pay the goods that i 'forgot' to pay. i was so scared and shaking while i was filling up the form while the investigator told me what was going to happen: sabi nya i will pay the amount of the shoes double and will not be able to get the shoes.i beg to pay the amount na lang and not double pero di daw po pwede, policy daw po un.

i was wondering if you were able to get your nbi clearnace or subpoena days after the incident.

18CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:53 am

tilapiang_dako

Arresto Menor

GOOD DAY ATTORNEY!!!

I hope this thread is still active. Is there any rule or law in the Philippines that if a Store Security Officer caught a person shoplifting an item/s , that person is given a chance to go back to the counter to pay the items he/she allegedly stolen, and he/she will be only be brought to the investigation room, if she/he continues to deny the charge? please enlighten me, thank you and more power to you.

19CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:06 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

none.some establishments ask you to pay the item ten folds instead of filing a case or reporting the matter to the police

20CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 pm

sunflowerdrops

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the info my knowledgeable fellows! I had a similar case with the lady. I was caught and then was asked to pay tenfold back in 2011. They didn't take my picture but my personal details and school ID were inspected. The head security assured me that my record will still be clear after the incident. I don't have a "klepto" habit, but I sometimes like to live dangerously (but I now regret not using my brain). It was a life changing event for me, I became more honest after that. I pray for everyone who are with this said offense in the past to have a peace of mind and the courage to continue living.

21CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:43 am

rosyy

Arresto Menor

hi. I was caught yesterday when I stole something it was quite a small item but the case was I still stole it because of lack of cash on hand. I was brought to an office, was interrogated, all my things were all over the table, etc. They made me fill up a form containing all my personal information and made me wrote what happened and why i did it and they took a picture of me. they did not made me pay for the item or anything they just warned me that if ever I do it again they will send me to jail. Now my concern is the picture.. I'm really scared.. will it be posted in public? or will I have a hard time or complication in getting my NBI? please answer.. I'm still nervous whether my picture will be seen by my friends and relatives.. I know it's my fault but i really needed that item at that moment.

22CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:51 pm

lhen_1827

Arresto Menor

Hi. Good pm po. Sa isang supermarket po, ang ginawa ko po ay dinoble ko yun nipple nun milk bottle n binili ko. Then nun naipunched nun cashier nahalata nya bat doble. Ipinaabot nya ito sa supervisor nila. Kinausap ako nun supervisor in public. Isinigaw sigaw na magnanakaw ako. Then pinagbayad ako ng 10x the price of the nipple of milk bottle. At kinuha ang name at address ko. What happens next atty.? Kasi kinakabahan at natatakot pa din ako dhil baka bigla nila ako punatahan sa bahay at ipadampot sa pulis. Hindi pa nga din nawala sa isip ko ang nangyari. Dahil napahiya ako in public. To think na pwede naman nya ako kausapin in her office.

23CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:56 pm

hubbylan06

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty, nahuli din po ako last night for shoplifting, kinuha nila info ko and picture po, na dismissed po ako kagabi, yung picture ko lang po iniisip ko

24CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

hubbylan06 wrote:Hi Atty, nahuli din po ako last night for shoplifting, kinuha nila info ko and picture po, na dismissed po ako kagabi, yung picture ko lang po iniisip ko

Tama ba ito? Humuhingi kayo ng advise pra malusutan nyo ang ginawa nyong pagnanakaw? Dpat videohan at picturan kayo at ipost sa lahat ng establishment na magnanakaw kayo. Dapat din na makulong kayo pra magtanda kayo.

25CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Empty Re: CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:28 am

cdo22

Arresto Menor

pinag bayad po b kYo
sa nkuha nio? anong settlement po nangyari?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum