Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blocked Window

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blocked Window Empty Blocked Window Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:28 pm

rmisc

Arresto Menor

Last night our neighbor blocked our window with G.I sheets. The said neighbor lives two houses away and is complaining na nasiislipan daw sila. we were surprised when we got home from work that the windows have been blocked already. Dahil ayaw na ng gulo ng nanay ko, di na sya nagreklamo. eh kaso ako nagrereklamo.kaso di daw pwedeng ireklamo sa barangay kase malakas daw kapit nya duon. actually may isa pa kaming kapitbahay na tatakpan na rin ang bintana with the same reason. our house is two storey and apparently the house between us is much lower so although di naman direct alignment ang windows, you'll get to see the other house still. ngayon madilim at mainit. ang question ko, can we file a complaint that they have no right to do such thing to our window? wlang proof ang claims nila kc windows are suppose to be seen through and besides ano nmn sisilipin namin sa kanila? im thinking they're just being paranoid and nag popower trip lang. i don't want to be oppressed like this. in the first place if they have problems, then i think they should have blocked their windows not their neighbors'. what complaint can we file and on what basis can we adhere it to? willing kami makipag settle pero hindi sa gaanong paraan. siguro kung gusto nila tlg ang ibbgay kong solusyon ay ipasara nila yung mga bintana namin pero palalagyan nila sa much higher position kc we still need the air and light coming from it. would greatly appreciate any reply/advice you can give. thank you.

2Blocked Window Empty Re: Blocked Window Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:05 pm

attyLLL

they attached the gi sheets directly to your window? you have the right to take them off.

take pictures first, then file a case at the bgy.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Blocked Window Empty Re: Blocked Window Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:04 am

rchrd

rchrd

The house is yours so you can use it in whatever way you like as long as you are not causing anything unlawful as a consequence. Just open the window again. If you have a mean dog, let it stay near that window and the dog will do the explanation to that neighbor.

WARNING!!! The advice regarding the dog is not the best advice but it can prevent you neighbor from doing an illegal act. If he feels na nasisilipan sila, takpan niya dapat ay property niya kung saan nakakasilip ang mga kapitbahay niya. Kung meron siyang problema sa mga kapitbahay niya, siya dapat ang magreklamo sa barangay.

4Blocked Window Empty Re: Blocked Window Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 am

rchrd

rchrd

Uups, sorry po Atty. nagkasalisi yata ang reponses natin. I typed my message before your reply was posted.

Rmisc: If you do not have a mean dog, do not buy a tiger just so you will have it guard the window. That is an overkill already. lol!

5Blocked Window Empty Re: Blocked Window Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:05 am

rmisc

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:they attached the gi sheets directly to your window? you have the right to take them off.

take pictures first, then file a case at the bgy.

yes. they hammered the g.i sheets to our window.correction pla, yung neighbor namin na mababa ang house ang nagkabit at nagcocomplain.

atty, under what grounds namin pwede sila i-complain?

rchrd wrote:The house is yours so you can use it in whatever way you like as long as you are not causing anything unlawful as a consequence. Just open the window again. If you have a mean dog, let it stay near that window and the dog will do the explanation to that neighbor.

WARNING!!! The advice regarding the dog is not the best advice but it can prevent you neighbor from doing an illegal act. If he feels na nasisilipan sila, takpan niya dapat ay property niya kung saan nakakasilip ang mga kapitbahay niya. Kung meron siyang problema sa mga kapitbahay niya, siya dapat ang magreklamo sa barangay.

thanks rchrd. but we don't have a dog and we can't position a dog there. the window they're complaining is on our 2nd floor so there's no way people are so visible there. i dunno what's their problem really. mas malala yung ginawa nila dun sa katabi nilang bahay. 2 window ang bnlock nila + pinataasan pa nila yung bakod. kc yung house ng complainant is nasa may likod so may dadaanang eskinita. pinataasan nila yun. well sabi ko dun sa may-ari ng bahay okay lang yang bakod kc sila naman ang gumastos e. kaso yung bintana mainit tsaka nga madilim.

salamat po s areplies. really appreciate it.

6Blocked Window Empty Re: Blocked Window Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 am

rchrd

rchrd

I hope you have opened your window already. Mukhang di ka talaga pinatulof sa init ah?

after taking pictures as advice by Atty Lll, keep the materials used to block your window and photograph them with the damaged part of the window sill. You might need them later.

The nomenclature or designation of the offense at the barangay does not have to exactly match the technical name given by the laws. What is important is you can substantiate your claim that your neighbor unlawfully encroached on your right to enjoy your property, caused damage to your property and discomfort on your part and that you have the right to stop him from doing that.

Avoid sounding like you are ready to fight it out but instead project yourself as a peaceful resident of the barangay who was only forced to ask help from the members of the Lupon because of this unfriendly manner of your neighbor. The purpose of the filing of the complaint before the barangay is to preserve peace and amity in the barangay.

Hope that helped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum